Dating site

Well if we're going in to the statistics of it then surely a similar percentage of the men would also be gay and balance out the lesbians, then of course you're in Ireland so there'll also be so many that are priests and they're mostly celibate, and the ones that aren't likely won't be competing with you for the ladies.

so you see it's better than you thought.

What about The Bisexuals.......

One night at a night club a woman was being chatted up by a lad in who she had no interest, trying to get rid of him she said "I'm a lesbian", " A lesbian?" sez He "what does that mean?". "Look at the blonde girl at the bar in the short skirt and low top, well I really fancy her" said the woman. The lad looked over at the bar and said " well then I'm a lesbian too"......:clap:

I once met a lad I knew in the company of similarly orientated fellows and was a little taken aback as I hadn't realised he was so inclined. "Oh don't worry" he said looking me straight in the eye, "I'm not gay, I just help them out when they're busy".

Yours truly pissed himself laughing the rest of the night. Quite what I was doing there anyway can wait for another day.

I once met a lad I knew in the company of similarly orientated fellows and was a little taken aback as I hadn't realised he was so inclined. "Oh don't worry" he said looking me straight in the eye, "I'm not gay, I just help them out when they're busy".

Yours truly pissed himself laughing the rest of the night. Quite what I was doing there anyway can wait for another day.

:lol::lol::lol: A lad I lived beside years ago sometimes used that phrase. :lol::lol::lol:

I liked @max's point about the nightclub analogy earlier. The simplest way of going about things. Lads often have a fear of rejection, but sure feck it. If not her, someone esle. Besides, its a great excuse for a good session too.

The night club scene isn't for me. Am half deaf as it is and not much of a drinker. We fell out round Christmas. We have decided to try give it another go sure what have we to loose
Youve nothing to loose and a lot to gain mate.
Maybe time for both parties to take a step back and cut some fat in the daily grind to make time for the two of you.
Or even get a better passenger seat in the TM for those special dates! Ha

Not to prie. But do you live together?

Living together 3 years. Gonna take it slow and just see each other couple times a week. Hear how loneliness not good for your mental health. Had no idea how bad

Best of luck with it lad, I hope it all works out for the best and that your happy. Life's just too short

Best of luck with it lad, I hope it all works out for the best and that your happy. Life's just too short

Have to agree with this statement.

A lot to be said for the Devil you know ,

And the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Good to hear, take your time but as the others have said, make a bit of time for it too.

The world would be a lonely place without other people.

Indeed. There are some legitimate social issues relating to men such as the high suicide rate amongst young men or the disproportionate number of men killed in car accidents involving speeding or drink driving, however being oppressed by the kitten heeled jackboot of radical feminism isn't one of them. Unless of course one is under the impression that this is a documentary.

This article gives an idea of what the MGTOW lot are up to:

http://www.independent.co.uk/studen...ti-feminist-opposes-sex-consent-a6738746.html

The subject says he wants to remain single, and i suspect he may have been successful in his endeavour.
Yea whole thing sounds a little...red pill like, and that crowd are disgusting

That said I do think there's a serious discussion about men and their position in a drastically changed society where women are rightly more liberated and independent. Attitude seems to be there should be no discussion because even talking about men's position in life seems anti-women to some.

Thats a failure of male culture though imv, cos its not like the era of the 1950s is the standard of men and women interaction in society, it was an extreme distortion caused by religious doctrine. Even early christian Ireland was more equal (though still a bit shit for everyone with polio and diphtheria and all) as was pre-Christian Ireland by the look of Brehon laws and pre-Christian Scandinavia

Coming back around from that rambling nonsense I think thats a lot of the reason for trouble dating. I worked in a nightclub as a teen and the shit you see there of a night would make you see something is serious wrong. Lads basically forcing themselves on lassies as if it was completely normal behaviour and being accepted. I was only a teen but even I could see this shit was off.
I'm no white knight or feminist but I have gotten a bollocking more than once for telling someone acting the dirt bag to cop on. People are very quick to excuse that behaviour with stuff like "he was drinking" or "hes having a tough time" but I think if its in you sober, it in you drunk

The night club scene isn't for me. Am half deaf as it is and not much of a drinker. We fell out round Christmas. We have decided to try give it another go sure what have we to loose

Just back on here again after a bit of a break. So sorry to hear of your troubles but glad things are going good since.

Part of the reason I took a break from the forum was down to a relationship break-up back in October. After 5 years (and 5 years on and off it was) she decided out of the blue to end it as she said she didn't know what she wanted and she just couldn't pretend anymore. All that by text too after all that time which still annoys me to this day. Pathetic really. Anyways I carried on with life trying to get over it and I got to Christmas and it really hit me then that she had left. I never felt so lonely in all my life. I used dread the weekends and found them as long and as lonely. The time of year probably didn't help either. Back in March I noticed something on Facebook from a guy and made contact with her asking who he was. I found out she was dating him which was like another kick in the balls for me as I was struggling to get over her. I felt it was too soon as I had a suspicion she was in touch with him not long after we broke up. That upset me and I just buried myself in work from that point on. We haven't spoken since and I don't think we will either going forward as she has totally changed.

Burying myself in work has actually helped and after a busy few months I feel like I'm over it and am ready to drive on. I finally woke up & am now taking more time now for myself and am glad I don't have the worry and stress of trying to put effort into a relationship that I was 100% committed to while all the time she wasn't. I've learned from it and going forward am more conscious of people and their intentions. So between that and work I've been very quite on here.

Good to see you back @Michael

It can be tough coming back from that but just keep in mind there is likely someone much better in store, chin up and drive on :Thumbp2:

Thanks @Michael . Things still aren't going great. We were chatting and seeing each other once or twice a week but there no spark anymore. The loneliness really does get me down and I'm doing same as yourself, burying myself in work but I wonder is that a good thing to do. Yes it does take my mind off it but long term it's a routine that could be hard to get of if someone else came on the scene

Thanks @Michael . Things still aren't going great. We were chatting and seeing each other once or twice a week but there no spark anymore. The loneliness really does get me down and I'm doing same as yourself, burying myself in work but I wonder is that a good thing to do. Yes it does take my mind off it but long term it's a routine that could be hard to get of if someone else came on the scene

Sorry to hear @tm120 not an easy situation to be in. I know what you mean with regards the work. That's the problem but I guess time can be made for the right person.

I'd say give yourself some time, I was with a girl for 6 years living together for 3 and broken up for over 2 years and I'm just at the point now where I'm not bothered by either being single or bothered by her.
Being a farmer can make dating both relatively easy or difficult, farming community is pretty tight knit, makes it easy to know people in common and such. What makes it difficult is if you aren't really the norm of the farming community, alot of farmers and the women who associate with them are dense, and I find that difficult to deal with so I tend to stay away from that social circle.

i was with a girl i met last september online for nearly 8 months. i was bored one night and joined okupid, just for crack, 5 min after i joined a woman messaged me and we got talking. we hit it of right away and met 3 weeks later as i had no car at the time. it was great there was no akward silences or anything and im not the most talkative person. it did sadly become rocky in places, she seemed to project her bad past experiences on to me an in the end we split up. it was long distance but it was the most fun i had in ages. that was just a fluke encounter, first person i met online and it worked straight away. i did talk to quite a few others but never met anyone else. i am now with someone local who doesnt seem to have the same trust iissues.

be warned that there are a lot of older people online who are just not relationship material, they are damaged goods. there are genuine people ofcourse, you just need to find them. another problem is if you are a man there are far more men than women online so the odds are not in our favour. its best if the woman messages you first, then at least you know you have someone who seems interested.

I started back at tinder a few weeks back in preperation of covid ending. Im getting plenty of matchs but half of them dont message back and the rest of them stop messaging once I mention that Im a farmer. Has anyone this problem?

Back