Dealer price difference's

FIAT 450

How can there be such a difference in price between dealers for the same machine.i know dealer back up is a good thing but what value do you put on it. Leaving dealers and machine out of it I priced machine lately and getting a difference of over 11k at the moment and that is with out haggling. Name and back up from the dearer guy is v v good and won't see you wrong. The cheaper guy is further away from me

How can there be such a difference in price between dealers for the same machine.i know dealer back up is a good thing but what value do you put on it. Leaving dealers and machine out of it I priced machine lately and getting a difference of over 11k at the moment and that is with out haggling. Name and back up from the dearer guy is v v good and won't see you wrong. The cheaper guy is further away from me
Presuming that they are both buying it in at the same price, that is serious price difference
Have you told the dearer lad how far out he is?

I persume both prices are for same spec of machine.ya must be going all out on a new toy if there 11k in the difference on exact same thing.
Loyalty is no good to your pocket if that's the story

Presuming that they are both buying it in at the same price, that is serious price difference
Have you told the dearer lad how far out he is?
No not yet. It's a serious difference. You would think for the same machine they be close to each other. And it's not that one has it sitting in the yard and the other has to order it.

I persume both prices are for same spec of machine.ya must be going all out on a new toy if there 11k in the difference on exact same thing.
Loyalty is no good to your pocket if that's the story
Ya both same spec sure would be fair hitting one off the other if spec not the same. Its not until the day you are stuck either

I know a man bought a new JCB loader in Holland and it was up near €10 K cheaper. There was a problem with the quick fit carriage and the Dutch man said he had a truck passing through Roslare and would not hear of him meeting it in Roslare and got the truck to go fifty miles out of his way to drop the new carriage to him.
I know of a man that is hiring load all’s both JCB and Manitou onto sites in Europe and the price he is getting them for is very low . The transport of them around Europe is expensive where the site foreman ordered an unsuitable machine and it had to be sent back.

Easy enough, one dealer is giving you a selling price I assume and won't budge on it, whereas the other lad is at his starting price.

I usually deal with the supplier who prices me right first time. I have little interest in haggling

Easy enough, one dealer is giving you a selling price I assume and won't budge on it, whereas the other lad is at his starting price.

I usually deal with the supplier who prices me right first time. I have little interest in haggling
There alot of haggling in 11k. What ever about been 1 or 2 k in the difference but chalk and cheese at the minute

I was purchasing a machine end of 2019, bought it for 6 k less (about 15%) than another dealers ‘best price’. When I rang the other dealer out of politeness to let him know I dealt elsewhere he said it was a pity I hadn’t come back to him that he could probably have done better. I said to him that I had taken him at his word that his best price was just that...and left it at that 🙄

I doubt that.
If one lad was looking for 11k more than another and then magically was able to drop that then I wouldn't buy it off him

I doubt that.
If one lad was looking for 11k more than another and then magically was able to drop that then I wouldn't buy it off him
The dearer guy has a good reputation and on the ball when it comes to back up and seening you right when stuck. They are who I would prefer to do business with but 11k is a good years repayments on a machine too

The cheaper dealer might be also "throwing the price into you" as we would say in our game. If that dealer was fairly sure you weren't going to buy of them anyway, a good low quote can get lads doing free PR for them. There are any number of reasons. Tractors as part of large stock orders can be gotten at a serious discount than ordering one tractor for a dealer

Change my fusion this year, rang the dealer i bought my old one off and another dealer, there was a nice few thousand of a difference and more spec off the other dealer whos price was cheaper, local dealer dropped a bit when i told him he was off with his price, its amazing how he could drop, if he gave his best price when i rang him first he'd have had some chance of a deal

The cheaper dealer might be also "throwing the price into you" as we would say in our game. If that dealer was fairly sure you weren't going to buy of them anyway, a good low quote can get lads doing free PR for them. There are any number of reasons. Tractors as part of large stock orders can be gotten at a serious discount than ordering one tractor for a dealer
He also said come and talk to me again, so there is more to be got there still. Ya you be right on that point too.

I would ring the cheaper dealer back, tell him you can get the machine a bit cheaper elsewhere but you would like to give him the twist cus u never dealt when him before, he might drop a few hundred or give you decent luck out of it. Wouldn’t waste my time or the more expensive dealers time ringing him back there’s nearly 6 months wages in the difference in them price’s.

Depends on the machine and depends on what the 11k is for.

spec for spec is very hard to actually do on tractors nowadays. It would be easy enough to make €5k difference between 2 tractors of the same model with almost no difference from the outside, i’m sure if i went at it with my own brand i could put €8k between 2 tractors that were ‘spec for spec’.

i live in a world where i’ll always say try and work with your local dealer, but i appreciate for various reasons this is not always practical.

it depends a lot on the machine too, if its something you are going to rely on, that is going to be high cost high return, paying more for service that you know won’t leave you stuck could end up looking like good value if there was ever a situation where things went wrong.

best of luck with it.

Last edited:
Depends on the machine and depends on what the 11k is for.

spec for spec is very hard to actually do on tractors nowadays. It would be easy enough to make €5k difference between 2 tractors of the same model with almost no difference from the outside, i’m sure if i went at it with my own brand i could put €8k between 2 tractors that were ‘spec for spec’.

i live in a world where i’ll always say try and work with your local dealer, but i appreciate for various reasons this is not always practical.

it depends a lot on the machine too, if its something you are going to rely on, that is going to be high cost high return, paying more for service that you know won’t leave you stuck could end up looking like good value if there was ever a situation where things went wrong.

best of luck with it.
Ya like your saying one tractor against the other spec for spec you could rack up a difference but the fact it's the same machine all the basics are the same I have added two extra things that all.
Ya it's a high value machine both to buy and what it will be at for us. It's something I can't do without really. It maybe 11k Difference but if I end up stuck I know these guys won't see me wrong either and it could be a cheep 11k at the end too, it's something we have to weigh up.

Ya like your saying one tractor against the other spec for spec you could rack up a difference but the fact it's the same machine all the basics are the same I have added two extra things that all.
Ya it's a high value machine both to buy and what it will be at for us. It's something I can't do without really. It maybe 11k Difference but if I end up stuck I know these guys won't see me wrong either and it could be a cheep 11k at the end too, it's something we have to weigh up.
11k is a huge difference and there's lots of earning on it. It's none of our business what your buying, but to give a bit of perspective , maybe the 11k (difference in price) was better expressed as a percentage of buying price.

If every dealer was the same price people would be complaining about a cartel. The other question that hasn't been asked @FIAT 450, is there a trade-in machine involved or is it a straight deal? If someone was buying a €100k ballpark machine, and trading in something worth in the region of €30-40k, it wouldn't be hard to get a difference of €11k on the whole deal in my opinion, €5k on the new machine and €6k on the trade-in for example.

I would ring the cheaper dealer back, tell him you can get the machine a bit cheaper elsewhere but you would like to give him the twist cus u never dealt when him before, he might drop a few hundred or give you decent luck out of it. Wouldn’t waste my time or the more expensive dealers time ringing him back there’s nearly 6 months wages in the difference in them price’s.
11k for 6 months wages. I wouldn't like to be working for you.

Tell him you can get it 11 grand cheaper and to give a look over his figures and get back to you

Back