Dealer stickers and history

don,t know but its a big tractor, i wonder was the titan a special edition like the trojan ? a different colour and a few extras thrown in but the titans were 4wd against the trojan being 2 wd
Were all Ursus yellow until the early 70's.I think the trojan was the 4cyl and the titan 6cyl.
They then changed to maroon with the C385 &1204

Were all Ursus yellow until the early 70's.I think the trojan was the 4cyl and the titan 6cyl.

Fairly sure that the Maroon / Purple before the Yellow panels Blue chassis. I had a purple 385 . 12/74 was stamped on the block . @ZetorMan98 bought it from me 5 years ago.

i only remember them being a kind of purple or maroon first before the yellow and blue trojans were sold as a limited edition i think and they were still maroon after that until the went orange in the 80s , you could be right about the titan being 6 cyl though,its a pity @nashmach wasn,t an ursus fan instead of wasting his time on fords as he would know these things now

i only remember them being a kind of purple or maroon first before the yellow and blue trojans were sold as a limited edition i think and they were still maroon after that until the went orange in the 80s , you could be right about the titan being 6 cyl though,its a pity @nashmach wasn,t an ursus fan instead of wasting his time on fords as he would know these things now

Some would say I know too much about blue Ursus'.

The IVI foundry used to make Ford weights. I wonder did they do specials with names on them .
I have seen PV Wright weights before probably made in the ivi also . The foundry out at Bergins make some nice cast street lights .

We had a guy, "Black" Jack Doherty, who cast the IH weights for us many years ago. He was less than a quarter of the price of the original ones.

We had a guy, "Black" Jack Doherty, who cast the IH weights for us many years ago. He was less than a quarter of the price of the original ones.

surely you mean a person of colour jack doherty :rolleyes:

No, twas the smuts from the work that he did that referred to the colour of everything around his place of work. This includes the colour of his face 😑
We had a neighbour called Long Mick but his name was John .

International dealers . I never heard of them doing JD , but anything is possible .

SEAT car dealership there for years .
Yes, they were John Deere dealers in later years. I can remember passing their premises many a time, on a Saturday morning back in the late 1980's/early 1990's, when heading to Tullamore machinery spotting with my father and uncle. I don't ever remember them in their International Harvester days.

Back