Dealer stickers and history

johndeere6920s

By far the most common sticker you would see in machines around here IMG_20191231_141209.jpg
What would be common in your areas?
Another one that sticks out on quite a few fusions and massey Fergusons is emyr Evans.
Used see a bit of John deere stuff with LAS I think they were called another Welsh dealer

atkins i would think be the most common in cork anyways. be almost guaranteed to see at least one machine from atkins in any yard u go into seeming as they deal in a wide variety of machines

Were Slattery's always John Deere dealers, did Ag engineering in Tralee about 25 years ago but didn't think they were Deere dealers then
Nolans had it before them but they were John deere dealers 25 years ago.
There's a few 000 and possible 10 series around here with there sticker on it so I assume they still were that time.

Used to be alot of dealers around here most of which are now gone. Carroll's had the Masseyznd other dealerships. R. Davis had new Holland dealership. Mc grane had deutz dealership. Ruscon as mentioned earlier. Probably a few more.

Were Slattery's always John Deere dealers, did Ag engineering in Tralee about 25 years ago but didn't think they were Deere dealers then
IIRC they got the agency around the time the 50 series came out. They would never be many (if any) tractors kept in stock i'd say, and towards the end I think if they did sell one, it came through Gearys in Limerick.
Id say they were open up to the very early Noughties.

Last edited:
Used to be alot of dealers around here most of which are now gone. Carroll's had the Masseyznd other dealerships. R. Davis had new Holland dealership. Mc grane had deutz dealership. Ruscon as mentioned earlier. Probably a few more.

Richard Davis was a Renault dealer too. Teamed up with someone else to become North East Farm Machinery if I remember correctly (was it Armstrong's :scratchhead::scratchhead:)

IIRC they got the agency around the time the 50 series came out. They would never be many (if any) tractors kept in stock i'd say, and towards the end I think if they did sell one, it came through Gearys in Limerick.
Id say they were open up to the very early Noughties.

I kinda thought that Gearys were the agents for Kerry, I would have said Slattery's were more equipment dealers rather than tractor agents from memory but its a while ago now.

I kinda thought that Gearys were the agents for Kerry, I would have said Slattery's were more equipment dealers rather than tractor agents from memory but its a while ago now.
I think its quite possible that slatterys were only ever a sub dealer to Gearys, they did sell a good few tractors though, particularly 50 series

We bought our tm125 off richie Davis in April 2000. Paddy callan still keeping going all the same

The names would be familiar, but as I would be the guts of 150 miles from there , I d know little about them .

Paddy Callan must be an elderly man by now ? Would he have been in McGees of Ardee ?

The names would be familiar, but as I would be the guts of 150 miles from there , I d know little about them .

Paddy Callan must be an elderly man by now ? Would he have been in McGees of Ardee ?
A lot of local dealers would've served their time in McGee's, Sean Finnegan's book about the machinery trade was a great read, I must root it out and find out the links

A lot of local dealers would've served their time in McGee's, Sean Finnegan's book about the machinery trade was a great read, I must root it out and find out the links
Ye my dad just said the same. He said he bought his first dlurry tanker off paddy in mc gees of ardee

I think its quite possible that slatterys were only ever a sub dealer to Gearys, they did sell a good few tractors though, particularly 50 series
I think the old nan was a great salesman but the son wasn't that interested in it.
You'd imagine the premises would be used now given its location

Arthur, you must have bought a TM in the early 00's from Murphys?

Are Traynors still in business? They had a lot of eggs in one basket with Pottinger.

Back