Dealer stickers and history

They had a place in the Square in Cahir, but they had their yard out the Cashel? Road.
They were County Tractors and Hiab Crane importers. Did a lot of business with the ESB and Coillte, amongst others.
Did they import Catchpole Beet Harvesters ?

I've seen their sticker, on the last 35 sold new by Dicks in Charleville, it's in a private collection, the owner says it was the last they sold before the change over to the 135. It had been restored and has a reproduction of the dealer sticker on it. I thought I had photos of the tractor but I can't find them

There is still a farrar man in abbeyshrule, I'm guessing he is of the same family as above. All he seems to do is straighten haybob reels.

I took one off our haybob that had a bit of a wobble in it. I put it in the trailer and the father went off with it. Your man took the reel off and went behind a door, and wouldn't let the auld lad see whatever he was at, but there was a lot of hammering and banging. He must be trying to hold on to trade secrets.

He told me this when he came back and I was sceptical enough, but we put to anyways and put it back into the haybob. To his credit, it was spot on, and has stayed so since. That must be 3 years ago now.

I didnt realise that EC Pratt were Landini dealers , despite living within 15 miles of them .
They are doing little in the way of machinery now , nothing with tractors for possibly 20 years .
De Laval milking machine agents now .
E.C. Pratt sold Abbey for a good few years, I bought a McConnell PA95 hedgecutter from them, last I heard of it was 10 yrs or more ago, it was with a lad outside Cahir.

E.C. Pratt sold Abbey for a good few years, I bought a McConnell PA95 hedgecutter from them, last I heard of it was 10 yrs or more ago, it was with a lad outside Cahir.

They would have been Abbey dealers since Delaneys of Ballaghmore left Abbey , possibly 20 years ago . Sold a lot of Abbey stuff .

I’m nearly sure I saw an abbey tank with aa e c pratt sticker on it. A fairly new rant too.

Frank Phelan who sells the sh John Deeres and Sh jeeps is the Abbey dealer for Laois since sometime in 2020 . They had ads on donedeal to that affect last summer.
Up to whenever they took on Abbey , EC Pratt were Abbey dealers .
I think they are concentrating on De Laval dairy end of things now .

I'm still on the look out for an agro power sticker for the fiat dealers in cork to put back on my f140 if anyone has a picture?

Never heard of McManus in Carrigallen, Farrar in Abbeyshrule build and sold lots of tractor trailers in the midlands. The built a nice trailer. Later mostly built cattle bodies for trucks always had a side line as @Kieran97 says straightening haybob reels and possibly saucers for PZ rotary mowers. More recently he was importing barges from the continent and converting them for use on the canals.
Well known on the vintage ploughing circuit with a trailer plough @jd-baz might elaborate.

There is still a farrar man in abbeyshrule, I'm guessing he is of the same family as above. All he seems to do is straighten haybob reels.

I took one off our haybob that had a bit of a wobble in it. I put it in the trailer and the father went off with it. Your man took the reel off and went behind a door, and wouldn't let the auld lad see whatever he was at, but there was a lot of hammering and banging. He must be trying to hold on to trade secrets.

He told me this when he came back and I was sceptical enough, but we put to anyways and put it back into the haybob. To his credit, it was spot on, and has stayed so since. That must be 3 years ago now.

There is a member of the family here on this forum too.

How old are them adds @agripower do you know.never heard of McManus bros in carrigallen.maybe @mixedfleet has.and definitely not autotrac.must be 50 years plus

McManus had the contract for the main water treatment plant in south Leitrim at mong on she more in the mid 70s and he went bust before the job was finished. 2 current plant hire owners in Leitrim of the same surname were working for him at the time and both bought jcbs from the liquidation and that's how they started out in business.

McManus had dozers doing land reclamation in the late 60s and 70s before track machines were popular - they literally went on and pushed scrub to the lowest point and followed it with clay. It was a rough and uneven job with humps and hollows when it settled and I saw several places that needed a good bit of work to bring them back so that you could use a harvester of baler in them.

I remember an article in the farmers journal about his haybob reel straightening service, they mentioned that he was very secretive about his method and any equipment used. Does the same fella have a collection of vintage tractors?

I remember the McManus bros doing a group water scheme near me in the late 1970s with hymacs. Worked with one of them about 15 years ago . They are long retired now .

Farm powers stickers have improved a lot since the big white sticker on the bonnets.

Are ec Pratt involved with vintage plough parts? I think I got ransom shares off him before

Back