Deutz 2780

Those bushes are a high wear item on a Deutz and should be replaced regularly. It's not nice when the bars connecting the sieves breaks and drops down :no:

Similarly, I wouldn't touch a Deutz with a lot of rust. My father drove a rough one for a harvest and one day ended up with the grain pan out on the ground.:no:

Is that TX34 from a dealer or a fellow farmer?
Reminds me I must go up with a torch in the dark and check the 3640 for holes .

Those bushes are a high wear item on a Deutz and should be replaced regularly. It's not nice when the bars connecting the sieves breaks and drops down :no:

Similarly, I wouldn't touch a Deutz with a lot of rust. My father drove a rough one for a harvest and one day ended up with the grain pan out on the ground.:no:

Is that TX34 from a dealer or a fellow farmer?
Farmer that has this one, although I hear Armstrong has tx’s up there, anyone ever deal with them? Also cork combines have tx34’s down there too I may look at.

Farmer that has this one, although I hear Armstrong has tx’s up there, anyone ever deal with them? Also cork combines have tx34’s down there too I may look at.
I tried dealing with Armstrong before and he wouldn't budge on price on a machine so I walked. I have dealt with cork combines and found him very good.

Looked at the deutz it was very rough lots of rust, looked at a tx34 since, very clean, good concave, rasp bars, everything working it seems, no bangs or vibrations, but has high hours at 4900, with everything looking to be fairly alright on it would it do for my 40 acres ? Or would the high hours put you off, in a lot better condition than a lot of lower hour combines I looked at
That's a pity, I used to admire deutz stuff back in the day.. they really did make good tractors eg. Dx range etc. Their engines used to set the standard for fuel efficiency back in the day yet had loads of power, I guess the same takeover didnt help.. it's a pity because they were a great yoke.

The combine in Armstrongs is worth going to see, the man who traded it in to Armstrongs would’ve kept it well maintained, I think it would be a safe buy, a bit overkill for your needs, it would’ve been cutting 300ac/year.

Just bear in mind if It's a farmer machine the transport cost from their yard to yours.

Also with a dealer sold machine, it may give you some peace of mind to what needs to be done with a combine.

The combine in Armstrongs is worth going to see, the man who traded it in to Armstrongs would’ve kept it well maintained, I think it would be a safe buy, a bit overkill for your needs, it would’ve been cutting 300ac/year.
It has big enough hours I think too though has it ?

Probably would end up cutting a bit of corn on hire so a tx might be a safe option rather than a smaller machine. I sow about 130 acres on hire for people just never had a way of cutting it. Then again I only really want to worry about my own too rather than other people’s

It has big enough hours I think too though has it ?

I don’t know how many hours are on it, it’s heading for 30 years old? it’s going to have work done,
I wouldn’t get to caught up on hours, how the combine was maintained and serviced is more important than hours imv, have you been to see it?
It cut corn here this year, as I said it cut a decent average every year for the past few years, if you’ve a genuine interest in it, send a pm and I’ll put you in touch with the owner.

Thinking I’m going with the TX lads, thanks for all the reply’s, just wondering would anyone know what each control is for ? The middle handle is head up and down, but there is sort of switches at the back of each handle, don’t know really what anything else is for bar the grain loss monitor and fan and drum speed. There seems to be a spool on the left side of ground too

Attachments

• 244B3C3B-D1DF-4E2B-950A-E63866CF22BB.jpeg
    244B3C3B-D1DF-4E2B-950A-E63866CF22BB.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 81
Think you’ve made the right decision.....all the best with it. I’m no help to you with the leavers but you should probably try to source a manual for it. It would not only explain the controls better but would help with maintenance etc.....

Thinking I’m going with the TX lads, thanks for all the reply’s, just wondering would anyone know what each control is for ? The middle handle is head up and down, but there is sort of switches at the back of each handle, don’t know really what anything else is for bar the grain loss monitor and fan and drum speed. There seems to be a spool on the left side of ground too
One lever will be header up and down as you say and the switches are probably for auto height as in you hit the switch and the header will drop to a preset cutting height. It's a manual gearbox machine isn't it so another lever will be your vari speed or booster we call it around here so you can speed up a bit or slow down while cutting. The furthest away lever will probably be your reel height and I would assume the switches on the lever are either reel in and out or else reel speed. Someone else who has followed these combines will be along to explain it better. All the best with it and be sure to post up a few piccies when you get her home :Thumbp2:. This place is full of nosey hoors :laugh:

One lever will be header up and down as you say and the switches are probably for auto height as in you hit the switch and the header will drop to a preset cutting height. It's a manual gearbox machine isn't it so another lever will be your vari speed or booster we call it around here so you can speed up a bit or slow down while cutting. The furthest away lever will probably be your reel height and I would assume the switches on the lever are either reel in and out or else reel speed. Someone else who has followed these combines will be along to explain it better. All the best with it and be sure to post up a few piccies when you get her home :Thumbp2:. This place is full of nosey hoors :laugh:
Thanks as soon as I get it I’ll throw a few pictures up, will most likely get a manual anyway, just when you are unfamiliar with these things now I’ll be looking at pictures wondering what this and that is for :clap:

Back