Deutz Tractors

Wouldn't be one bit worried about deutz engines, they and yanmar power a huge percentage of construction machinery, most big generators for tower cranes I've seen have a deutz in them and they are one machine that have to have reliable engines

Wouldn't be one bit worried about deutz engines, they and yanmar power a huge percentage of construction machinery, most big generators for tower cranes I've seen have a deutz in them and they are one machine that have to have reliable engines
Really, Deutz engines in Fendt's are very troublesome.

Really, Deutz engines in Fendt's are very troublesome.
From a basic engine point of view or troublesome from an emissions/adblue point of view? Have put a good few thousand hours on 3 merlo teleporters with deutz in them and only grief I've had is a waterpump in one (€200 part and fitted in an hour) and adblue pipes in another that keep leaking and system needs plugging in to rectify faulty pressure codes constantly.
Maybe higher horse engines aren't as good??

From a basic engine point of view or troublesome from an emissions/adblue point of view? Have put a good few thousand hours on 3 merlo teleporters with deutz in them and only grief I've had is a waterpump in one (€200 part and fitted in an hour) and adblue pipes in another that keep leaking and system needs plugging in to rectify faulty pressure codes constantly.
Maybe higher horse engines aren't as good??
Wouldn't be fair to generalise and say they're all bad, fendt do seem to have more than their fair share of bother though, but how many of these have been chipped or mapped may be part of the problem.

Wouldn't be fair to generalise and say they're all bad, fendt do seem to have more than their fair share of bother though, but how many of these have been chipped or mapped may be part of the problem.

A lot due to overrevving the engine down hills. Heard of a good few doing that.

Reactions: Paw
I need your help for a project I am working on. Does anyone here know of any Agrotron 4.95 owners?

E6370120-314F-45DA-899D-266C494F7053.jpeg

I'm no help but never heard of or seen one, are they rare? only ever seen the bigger agrotrons.

Now a project on cvx's i could help you with!!:yes:
tbf you've seen every single error code and know how to fix them

@Win unicorn 💩 would be easier found. They were not the maker’s finest hour. There are some on Agriaffaires etc but I cannot find anything in the UK or Ireland but maybe I haven’t looked hard enough yet

@Win unicorn 💩 would be easier found. They were not the maker’s finest hour. There are some on Agriaffaires etc but I cannot find anything in the UK or Ireland but maybe I haven’t looked hard enough yet
What or who's gearbox/backend did they use, presume they're 4 cylinder 95hp??

Nearly certain it was a ZF and this was the four pot but there were six cylinder models as well

Nearly certain it was a ZF and this was the four pot but there were six cylinder models as well
The 4.95 would belong to the Mk1's, exhaust silencer under the cab which was a recipe for a fire if worked on stubble, pre select F/R shuttle, a cab to fry you due to poor air con and no roof overhang, afaik 3 powershifts on the gearbox, I had a Mk 2 Agrotron 110,

Back