Deutz Tractors

Passed nearby Kearneys Tuesday evening and there was a lad out on a test drive of a new big Deutz, lashing rain at the time and passing the opposite direction to me turning at a junction so couldn't see model(salesman also in cab) but was definitely new 170hp or so. So I guess they are still selling them new.

They bring in some very near new ones. Was it this one by any chance.
Passed nearby Kearneys Tuesday evening and there was a lad out on a test drive of a new big Deutz, lashing rain at the time and passing the opposite direction to me turning at a junction so couldn't see model(salesman also in cab) but was definitely new 170hp or so. So I guess they are still selling them new.
2657F898-0D4F-4DFF-8BDF-CF185127D12E.png

Are Kearney’s a Deutz dealer or what’s the story there? Do they supply new tractors?
l may be wrong on this but AFAIK
"Kearney bros ltd" in
Castlelyons were main Deutz Fahr dealers. That business is no longer trading.
Some who were involved then went and started " Kearney agri" which is just outside Fermoy. It is not a franchised dealership (although they probably know more about the brand than most)
and thus does not sell new DF equipment but sources clean fresh tractors and combines.

Harvest hire??
I was wondering that but I thought that even that would clock more hours.

You’d also wonder how anyone made money by hiring them out to just clock those hours.
It might work if you knew that new tractors and consequently used prices were going through the roof.

I’ve a vague memory that Dublin airport bought a couple of tractors to operate snow ploughs after the bad snow a few years back. Wonder how many hours are on them ?

Lovely looking DX90 here

NjAyZTRmYjg3OTc2YmVmMjJlN2U0NzgzMTZhN2MwMjIBlEBPGk-O9MhaUkTBvLI2aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNjA0NTIzMDF8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Are the brakes any good.
Being serious, the ones I drove, great engine but horrendously noisy, just keep them blown down now and again.
Brakes were goodish, they suffered bad fade with very heavy or prolonged use and needed to kept serviced and clean, or they would go on fire.

Being serious, the ones I drove, great engine but horrendously noisy, just keep them blown down now and again.
Brakes were goodish, they suffered bad fade with very heavy or prolonged use and needed to kept serviced and clean, or they would go on fire.
They are noisy alright, a 90 is 5 cylinder, sounds a bit different, long wand of a gearstick can fall out of the rearward gears in time.

They are a tiring tractor to drive compared to others of the same age. Heavy clutch, heavy accelerator pedal and very noisy.

Gearbox issues depend on the type that is fitted, whether It's the 12x4 or 15x3.

Next door neighbour had one and we really should have bought it at the time! Was an immaculate tractor.

I think some of the posts above are a little unfair. The Deutz air cooled engine would run on the smell of the diesel and certainly around here they were worked hard with many contractors over the years.

Back