Distance measuring App.

agrostar

Hi just wondering if anybody knows of any distance measuring app that can be downloaded onto a an iPhone. Most apps seem to be mapped based where you select where you open a map and select two points to determine distance but I want to be able to measure between two points 100-200m apart approx in a field where a tape or wheel can’t be used as there are buildings in the way ect to determine the corners of the site.
Thanks

iPhone is 3m at best with very good signal, could be worse than 10m if signal is poor.

If your only after an estimation then Google Earth has a measuring tool.
If you conect the lines round it also gives area.

As the others said, measurments could be dubious.

If you want accuracy I'd just do it the old fashioned way with a tape or wheel and a bit of trigonometry. Either that or measure off a scale map with a ruler and transfer the measurements to the ground. It's not that complicated.

I use the field area measure app on the phone find it pretty good

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190919-132610_Google Play Store.jpg
    Screenshot_20190919-132610_Google Play Store.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 154
Thanks for the replies lads I should of explained better. I know the distances to two points st one side of the site that I have to be from and two other points at the other side there is a slope on the site and buildings in the way of a sight line between. I can’t get hold of the engineer to mark with the station just thought I might be able to get an app that might be relatively accurate to mark our until he can visit site for sure.

Back