Dividing gates

rodders

Just bought some new dividing gates from condon engineering, is there a standard height that these be up from the floor? Thanks.

Just bought some new dividing gates from condon engineering, is there a standard height that these be up from the floor? Thanks.
Did you price around , I bought a few dividers and feed barriers a few weeks back from teemore, rang condon first and got prices and told some items be 3 weeks before in stock, I wanted items next day so said I'd try teemore , was shocked at price, over 30% cheaper and all in stock

Did you price around , I bought a few dividers and feed barriers a few weeks back from teemore, rang condon first and got prices and told some items be 3 weeks before in stock, I wanted items next day so said I'd try teemore , was shocked at price, over 30% cheaper and all in stock
Yeah, priced them and feeding barriers, Teemore were cheaper than condon for the barriers and condon cheaper for the dividing gates.

Reactions: Bcl
the tams spec is 1.5m to the top of barrier. That’s what we went with here and it’s ok, bar the drinkers are a bit high for smaller cattle as a result imo(we have the 5 bar drinker ones from condon)

ADC53733-DF2B-4CA9-9029-A769D5448583.png

They need to be a minimum of 12" off the ground . Ideally higher in my opinion reason being have seen animal`s get there head stuck under shed divider`s . Luckily survived but the grinder was needed to get them out quickly .

The drama to measure it, the young lad has dyspraxia, then to take the photo.... opening clips on gates takes ages etc

Attachments

• 20211207_102042.jpg
    20211207_102042.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 79
I found exact opposite for up and over/guillotine gates teemore 30% deerer but was surprised at the lightness of the condon one

Rang teemore and o donnell engineering last week about a 2 space locking barrier, both more less the same price, teemore had them in stock and o donnell would have to make them up and would be 6 to 8 weeks

Had a bullock get stuck under a gate at home this evening . Lying with his back along the gate his head turned back looking at his arse head pinned under the gate . Gate would be 12" off the slat`s but possibly only 10 " / 11" off the concrete plinth going to the feeding barrier and back wall .

Had a bullock get stuck under a gate at home this evening . Lying with his back along the gate his head turned back looking at his arse head pinned under the gate . Gate would be 12" off the slat`s but possibly only 10 " / 11" off the concrete plinth going to the feeding barrier and back wall .

if the gate was 16" would he have freed himself or get stuck even worse

must have been a small bullock

if the gate was 16" would he have freed himself or get stuck even worse

must have been a small bullock
Thought i had it said in my post above the bullock is alive . He was very lucky . Was a 550/570 kg bullock . I would think / hope he would`nt get pinned under the gate if it was higher . That was in the first shed that was built here in 08 . Any shed that`s been built since the dividing gates are higher . Must measure them to see what height i have them hanging at .

Rang teemore and o donnell engineering last week about a 2 space locking barrier, both more less the same price, teemore had them in stock and o donnell would have to make them up and would be 6 to 8 weeks
Victor has a serious yard is stuff in stock.there doing a serious trade .not sure about this yr but last year they had 2 shifts welding 6 days a week there that busy.even Victor himself and another man of 76 / 77 years of age is out doing the smaller deliveries .

Back