Dog pictures

W
I’ve a problem with our golden retriever, he wonders off into town at any half chance with the last 3 weeks, we are approx 1.5 miles from the town and off he goes through the fields so he will not be spotted. He is chasing bitches, we have to tie him up
Every day which is not what we want but he has us driven mad with phone calls from the locals to come get him. I left him off the rope this eve and 2 mins later he was gone like a bullet. I’ve 2 options, neuter him? Never did this to a dog before, any experience?
Other option is a radio fence of sorts but from the photo you can see the place is spread out and I want him to wander around so is there any such thing as what I’m looking for? A boundary across the road east and west of here that he cannot pass these except in the field or must the radio fences be a total circle around a boundary/perimeter?
I don’t really want to neuter him but don’t want to confine him to a very small area either
wireless fence is what you need. Working great at home past three years. Had the wire one before that and it worked but itd drive you mad when it gets accidently cut and you spend hours searching for the cut

The bother is he will do it again tomorrow, he follows the jeep to the road and he might hang around till you return, he has been picked up numerous times by passerby's as a lost dog and before you know it he's up on fb..!!
Our fecker is the same if the battery goes down, made his way to the local shop/filling station and was greeting every car that pulled in with a squirt on the wheels 'till a neighbour recognised him and let us know, another time he got on a golf course and the greenkeeper picked him up as a stray and took him home to his wife, 3 days of anguish for the kids here before he was tracked down.

Back