Double glazing

marco

Any recommendations for double glazing companies in Ireland? Good and bad reviews welcome.

Doyles in Roscommon put the windows in a house I built 15 years ago. They replaced all the windows in the parents home house years after and done the windows in my brothers house also.
Very satisfied with price at the time and no quality issues whatsoever.

Agree with what MF30 said also

Last edited:
Went with Camden ten or so years ago. Have been very happy with them.

Grady joinery in Mayo with a new house 6 years ago, got triple glazing, wasn’t a whole lot dearer than double probably 15%. Very happy professional outfit no issues at all. Wud also agree about Munster brother got his house from them wasn’t happy.

Would also recommend Senator, replace windows in parents house December 2019. Very neat and easy to deal with.

Pretty much everyone doing a new build puts in Munster because they cant be touched on price. But many people will say afterwards it's one thing they wished they'd spent more on
Id be of same opinion. Another vote here for doyle in roscommon. About 25% dearer than munster but hopefully worth it in long run

We had Munster joinery in our old house. The front door seals came off within the first year and it was a battle to get them to come and fix it. I know of another door that started cracking from them.

Poor customer service and poor product, best avoided imo.

I'm going to buck the trend. New build here 2.5 years ago. Made a lot of enquiries on windows because a neighbour put in cheap windows and regrets it ever since. The more people I chatted to it became apparent that Munster earned a bad reputation for themselves a few years ago but have since upped their game. Went Munster in the end, sash windows, casement windows, doors, sliders, PVC and Aluclad, 35 in total and no complaints whatsoever. Would have had no problem paying more money if I thought we were going to have issues but very happy with the job.

Any recommendations for double glazing companies in Ireland? Good and bad reviews welcome.
Are these for a new build or going in replacement of existing windows?
I replaced mine 2 years ago with MJ got triple glazed with future proofed pvc frames 90 x 75 section pumped with foam, very happy with them so far.
However I wanted to break the cold bridge(block) between the inner and outer leaf and they would not get involved in that so I removed the windows in advance and did that myself, pinned them back in place till the morning they arrived with the new ones. I did full air tightness detail inside then once fitted and got my own plasterer then to plaster the inner reveals. Overall a good job.
Currently building an extension, couldn’t trust MJ with big sliding door unit as they would put nothing in writing on the quote so ordered from Sky windows in Cork( made in Poland) it’s a fine unit, delivered last week due to be fitted in Jan.
I stuck with MJ for the 2 windows to match the existing but they sent 90 x 55 section so we are now waiting to get the correct ones.
Sales reps are not good at attention to detail I think is a lot of their problem.

Are these for a new build or going in replacement of existing windows?
I replaced mine 2 years ago with MJ got triple glazed with future proofed pvc frames 90 x 75 section pumped with foam, very happy with them so far.
However I wanted to break the cold bridge(block) between the inner and outer leaf and they would not get involved in that so I removed the windows in advance and did that myself, pinned them back in place till the morning they arrived with the new ones. I did full air tightness detail inside then once fitted and got my own plasterer then to plaster the inner reveals. Overall a good job.
Currently building an extension, couldn’t trust MJ with big sliding door unit as they would put nothing in writing on the quote so ordered from Sky windows in Cork( made in Poland) it’s a fine unit, delivered last week due to be fitted in Jan.
I stuck with MJ for the 2 windows to match the existing but they sent 90 x 55 section so we are now waiting to get the correct ones.
Sales reps are not good at attention to detail I think is a lot of their problem.
We put Munster in on a renovation 8 years ago and no complaints. At the time our qs said the very same as someone else here, that they had gone mad in the boom but were on the way back.

Just on one point you made, it's amazing the amount of Polish manufactured goods that are appearing here over the past 2 years in all industries. I would see it as a next step from EU membership and their travels in countries like ours. They've gone home now with money and are starting to export back into the markets they helped build.

Some wont like it but to me it's the EU in action in a microcosm... for better or worse

We put Munster in on a renovation 8 years ago and no complaints. At the time our qs said the very same as someone else here, that they had gone mad in the boom but were on the way back.

Just on one point you made, it's amazing the amount of Polish manufactured goods that are appearing here over the past 2 years in all industries. I would see it as a next step from EU membership and their travels in countries like ours. They've gone home now with money and are starting to export back into the markets they helped build.

Some wont like it but to me it's the EU in action in a microcosm... for better or worse
Fair play to them. When prices keep rising it leaves an opportunity for the guy that is willing to do a top quality job at a reasonable price

Sisters house all kitted out with timoneys windows in enniskillen.they were regarded as the best about 15 yr ago.dont see much of them now.her windows and doors went in 13 / 14 yr ago.windows not great and extremly poor workmanship fitting them and ended up leaking and as for the front door, a good pallet would be better.very weak door that could be pushed in by any child and it was all cracked in 3yrs.
Definitely couldnt recommend

I was getting a bit of glass cut for a loader in Enniscorthy glass one day and was chatting to him about double glazing and he was saying that the life span of double, triple etc... was around 10 years and then the vacuum breaks down. The windows sealed with other gases break down faster. Condensation forms when your vacuum or gas breaks down. The extra money spend on triple or quad glazing was great short term but the savings were lost before pay back due to break down of gas.

I was getting a bit of glass cut for a loader in Enniscorthy glass one day and was chatting to him about double glazing and he was saying that the life span of double, triple etc... was around 10 years and then the vacuum breaks down. The windows sealed with other gases break down faster. Condensation forms when your vacuum or gas breaks down. The extra money spend on triple or quad glazing was great short term but the savings were lost before pay back due to break down of gas.
Interesting, what did he recommend and what does he have in his own house?

I've a friend building a house... hes a evergy consultant, wants an A rated house so all bell and whistles.... he went with a guy in nenagh importing polish windows and reckons couldn't find a better window hes fierce happy with them....your man is also milking cows I often how a lad gets into that kind of business, I think he said he was at it 15 yrs only

I've a friend building a house... hes a evergy consultant, wants an A rated house so all bell and whistles.... he went with a guy in nenagh importing polish windows and reckons couldn't find a better window hes fierce happy with them....your man is also milking cows I often how a lad gets into that kind of business, I think he said he was at it 15 yrs only
I could be wrong but I think visiting big trade shows abroad is a way of getting such agencies.

I went to Agritechnica once a few years ago. I could see that agencies for Ireland were there to be secured. Making a margin is another matter.

I had a relation in the concrete beam and floor business and he got the franchise for different beams through the Embassy’s. Denmark for Tanks and Italy for beams .

Back