drinker bowl valve rubber

Bull Durham

These valve rubbers are no longer available from our supplier - they say they're obsolete . We have a few of this type of drinker fitted and it seems rather silly to have to replace the whole unit for lack of a bit of rubber valve . Be glad of any input as to who might have a few of these .

OOps, don't know what happened there - should have been a photo attached . Must try harder ! I edited the photo in Picasa to 30 % size and saved it , clicked on choose in the pop up box that comes up with manage attachments , put the photo there , and clicked submit . Sent the post OK obviously but not the photo , what did I do wrong ?

try this tool out bull, someone on here put me onto it before, its a good little tool, easy to work.
here is a link, i cant rem if it was where i downloaded it from, maybe a google might help, so dont take my word that site is safe, it may be for all i know.

rubber valve

In the absence of a photo , they're tapered plug like , about 3/4" in dia 1/2" deep or so , hole through the middle and although quite hard rubber they push over a fluted 4 spline like guide , valve body itself is about 2 1/2" long overall and made of brass , Sound anything like what you had in mind Tinny ?

Probably didn't wait long enough for it to upload.
It says when it's done.
that would also sound about right, after you click on the upload button watch the green bar at the bottom of the small window, it will tell you what its up to, if you dont see it in the attach files box below then it aint on the forum.
wait til you see it there and then click submit.

In the absence of a photo , they're tapered plug like , about 3/4" in dia 1/2" deep or so , hole through the middle and although quite hard rubber they push over a fluted 4 spline like guide , valve body itself is about 2 1/2" long overall and made of brass , Sound anything like what you had in mind Tinny ?
i hate to say it but they dont bull:001_unsure:

try the pic again til we see.

Losing the bloody will to live here ! I've done the photo thing before - no problem , can't do it this time though . If it helps , I think it's a "Fordham " drinker . Going to have another go shortly .

Try again , don't hold out a lot of hope though . It's not the resizing that's the trouble . I just can't see the way to upload the pic when I have it up on the screen in "tile horizontally " mode so I can see both the post and the resized pic. I've even lost the bloody "attachment" menu thing now .

Didn't work then either . I'd already looked at "Bread boy's post re pics , but I don't even get that toolbar with the paperclip . Did your teacher at school ever tell you about that King Midas in Mythology when everything he touched turned to gold ? With me it's slightly different , everything I touch turns to sh1t tonight !

all you need to remember is where the pics is
then try the paperclip thingy and give it time

do ye not just scroll down to manage attachments (below) and click on that,
i never done it any other way.

drinker valves

One last go . If it doesn't work this time I give up . Probably easier to change the bowls ! Looks like it'll work this time - must have been hurrying it along too much !

Attachments

• drinker valve.jpg
    drinker valve.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 22
Yes OK thum bup this time , but for the future where is this toolbar that Bread Boy illustrated ,it looks like some kind of a "word" toolbar - is it ? and where do I find it ?

Yes OK thum bup this time , but for the future where is this toolbar that Bread Boy illustrated ,it looks like some kind of a "word" toolbar - is it ? and where do I find it ?
its in the grey window that you reply on bull, or am i missing something.

go to user cp
go to edit options
scroll down to message editor and change it to fwysiwyg
thn save changes

Yes I was on that setting , but I re-clicked on Apply or OK , and sure enough when I got back here I had that toolbar ! Thanks to all of you for the "silver surfer " help . NOW , what about the drinker valve rubber , Yes Tinny we deal with Carrs Billington as well , but no joy there I'm afraid , nor Melvin Carr , who always has a really comprehensive stock - but no more of these rubbers . He was the one who said they were obsolete , but if they could still get them they could sell plenty .

Back