Electric fencing costs

HI lads and ladies. I have a few padocks in need of some fencing. I used to keep it fenced myself in the past but i thought i would see about getting a contractor in if it wasn't mental money. A single strand electric fence. 3 or 4 small fields totaling about 12 acres so a good few strainers needed if i allow for a few wire gates. The first quote i got was about 2.10 plus vat a metre all in materials and labour. I have yet to step it out or count up what is needed but would this be a normal quote using pressure treated stakes? All flat ground. I am not looking for or expecting exact figures as i have not provided much details. Just a rough idea.

HI lads and ladies. I have a few padocks in need of some fencing. I used to keep it fenced myself in the past but i thought i would see about getting a contractor in if it wasn't mental money. A single strand electric fence. 3 or 4 small fields totaling about 12 acres so a good few strainers needed if i allow for a few wire gates. The first quote i got was about 2.10 plus vat a metre all in materials and labour. I have yet to step it out or count up what is needed but would this be a normal quote using pressure treated stakes? All flat ground. I am not looking for or expecting exact figures as i have not provided much details. Just a rough idea.
Wouldn't be too off the mark depending on number of strainers etc.
The majority of what I do is labour ( tractor and postdriver ) only with the farmer supplying all the materials.
Few advantages (for me) include not having to explain rise in materials cost between pricing and some lad thinking he will get it done at what he was quoted 18 months previously,extra strainers etc if needed are costing me nothing extra.

I'd be asking about labour only.
Buy in all the gear and let them too it.
They don't need to worry about covering fluctuating prices. And you can go as wild as you want with strainers and whatever.
Chances are they will fly through the job.

Would you think about clipex fencing and do it yourself? Haven’t used it personally but looking into it

I'd be asking about labour only.
Buy in all the gear and let them too it.
They don't need to worry about covering fluctuating prices. And you can go as wild as you want with strainers and whatever.
Chances are they will fly through the job.
That is another option. Thanks

Reactions: AYF
I had a look at the clipex and there is a crowd in Clare doing an offer for 1200 metre runs of single and double strands. It sounds tempting. Has anyone here anything good or bad to say about clipex?

Network Rail are promising us a Clipex fence this spring. Will be interesting to see it up.
Mate of mine has put up lots of it on their behalf and is starting to use it on his own land. That says a lot tbf

Back