Electrified fence posts

mixedbag

have a bunch of cattle wrecking my head pushing temporary fence posts over and then stepping over the wire.

See hot posts advertised but pretty expensive at near €8 a post. Has anyone any experience of them or any other solutions?

have a bunch of cattle wrecking my head pushing temporary fence posts over and then stepping over the wire.

See hot posts advertised but pretty expensive at near €8 a post. Has anyone any experience of them or any other solutions?

Lean the post towards the cattle a bit?

Not quite electric fence posts but I was taking down paddock divisions and the easiest and quickest way I could come up with to roll up rope wire was to fit threaded bar through an empty spool, tighten a nut on both ends and use the cordless drill to roll up. Rest the other threaded end on a nearby gator. 150 metres rolled up in less than a minute...
20190928_110321.jpg
20190928_111207.jpg

That is mighty heavy rope wire ,it seems to have being around a long time and still carries current??
It's in that paddock since 2005 and is 6 strand I think, the biggest I could get at the time. Still carries current well, cattle respect it anyway. It's going to newly reseeded paddocks in the springtime, should be ok for foreseeable future. Some pigtail posts are starting to crack where the wire rests on them, stay tuned for repairs on them next week...

It's in that paddock since 2005 and is 6 strand I think, the biggest I could get at the time. Still carries current well, cattle respect it anyway. It's going to newly reseeded paddocks in the springtime, should be ok for foreseeable future. Some pigtail posts are starting to crack where the wire rests on them, stay tuned for repairs on them next week...

I thought you had gone from sucklers to elephants :smile::Whistle2:

I thought you had gone from sucklers to elephants :smile::Whistle2:
Nah, couldn't find any schemes for elephants, will stay with the suckles for the moment. Always used that heavy wire, for longevity if nothing else. It's not cheap but handy to roll up in a hurry if need be.

Back