enamel paint on hay shed

indecisive sort

planning on getting a hayshed painted as soon as possible and was talking to a fella not so long ago who claimed enamel ( black colour on many stoves ) was a great job ?

claimed it was especially good if the sheds were a tad close to the house which mine is

anyone ever seen a shed painted with enamel ? , sounds kind of strange to me but best to keep an open mind , had intended to go with green to match newer shed i have

planning on getting a hayshed painted as soon as possible and was talking to a fella not so long ago who claimed enamel ( black colour on many stoves ) was a great job ?

claimed it was especially good if the sheds were a tad close to the house which mine is

anyone ever seen a shed painted with enamel ? , sounds kind of strange to me but best to keep an open mind , had intended to go with green to match newer shed i have
Only experience of enamel here was on a stove and it was a btard to chip and flake off. My fear would be any touch or ding or bending of a sheet and a lump would flake off.
Is enamel not normally baked on?

I assume the lad doing the painting is referring to black enamel paint. It's not enamel at all or at least it's nothing like the stuff that's baked onto your range.
I've used enamel paints over the years on various bits and pieces. It's so so. I'm not so sure I'd paint an entire shed with it. Do a trial area first and wait 12 months and see how well it's lasted.

I would assume this is what he means.

One of the best paints you can use on a shed, castle paints

just wondering what kind of price is likely for a job like this in the current market

four link hay shed with adjoining lean to which is itself around twenty 23 feet , lean to covers a 1.5 link slatted shed ( very odd i know ) and a general purpose shed so the span of the roof between hay shed and lean to is about circa 55 feet by four links - 63 feet = almost 3500 Square feet

to clean , paint roof and RSJ,s on one side , would 2K be in or around the money ?

Last edited:
just wondering what kind of price is likely for a job like this in the current market

four link hay shed with adjoining lean to which is itself around twenty 23 feet , lean to covers a 1.5 link slatted shed ( very odd i know ) and a general purpose shed so the span of the roof between hay shed and lean to is about circa 55 feet by four links - 63 feet = almost 3500 Square feet

to clean , paint roof and RSJ,s on one side , would 2K be in or around the money ?
It will depend on the painters. Will they have insurance? Will they have to hire scaffolding or a cherry picker? How many coats of paint? (Green will normally need a second coat). Will there be vat on top?

Had similar job done almost 2 years ago now and 2k didn't cover it. I could have got it done for 2k but chose a more expensive option.

Back