Engineers report

hanixman

As the title goes I had to get a new to me car recently as the one I had gave up, eventually got and 11 yr old car as a replacement and on sorting out the insurance the insurance company have requested an engineers report.
Never heard of this before,can anyone give a guess at a price these can come to, the doc from the insurers says a simi or main dealer can do these , what to get an idea of cost before I go asking the local dealers btw the car has passed the nct 2 weeks ago with no faults if it makes any difference

A friend got one done before for having a roll cage in car for nct, it was 150 the nct had a form that they stamped

The last time the insurers asked me for a garage report, the DOE cert was all they needed. So the NCT report should be the same.

Thanks for the reply, this car I got is bog standard apart from a towbar it must have been in a tip before that makes the insurer ask for the report to cover their backside!

It might be the age too I'd not thought of that they sent a 4page form to be filled out like the nct only in question format it states any engineeeing /technical qualified person can fill out which I would meet but I'd say they might take a dim view of self certification!

It might be the age too I'd not thought of that they sent a 4page form to be filled out like the nct only in question format it states any engineeeing /technical qualified person can fill out which I would meet but I'd say they might take a dim view of self certification!
We used to get similar for the jeep from fbd, sent it up to a main dealer for a rubber stamp which cost us a fortune(door hinges that were perfect had to be replaced etc), we made a comment about the doe cert the next year and they just ignored that they had sent out the form

Last year I changed my existing FBD policy onto a 10 year old car that was over a year out of NCT. They agreed to insure it until the first available test I could book

Back