Evenflow

Arthur

How do these lads get enough drivers I can't understand.
Although so far this year I've got some amount of what apps and snapchats of rolled trailers and other machinery.
I suppose that tells the story of the lads that are put up on these yokes
I often wonder about the drivers and what sort of payroll system is in operation, lads that appear as substitutes for others like filling in for a lad that has to go milk cows on farm relief or the like, it does be like musical chairs at times.

Arthur

The payroll system isn't hard to understand on a lot of smaller contracting outfits.it doesn't really exist.
You'd be some eejit to pay tax at top rate to free out cash to pay another lads wages in cash even if he was prepared to work for half rates.

lough

You'd be some eejit to pay tax at top rate to free out cash to pay another lads wages in cash even if he was prepared to work for half rates.
I thought there was no money in contracting that you'd be anywhere near paying tax at the high rate :lol:

Seedsower

From what I gather getting wages from a lot of contractors is tough to say the least. Certainly it's been my experience that anytime I've done work for one the only thing I could not get in return was money .a job done in return maybe but not money.

Win

From what I gather getting wages from a lot of contractors is tough to say the least. Certainly it's been my experience that anytime I've done work for one the only thing I could not get in return was money .a job done in return maybe but not money.
Got a lad helping here a bit, does that mean i can get away without paying him? :sneaky2:

Agri Power

They are the contractors we have spoken about who have a farm of land or a herd of cows behind them, typical farmer attitude try and pay no one.....

R585

Your right with that , I spent two summer’s wrapping bales and it was pure hardship getting the money of him for it , went working with a different lad and got the paid every 2 weeks and didn’t have to ask

Agri Power

Your right with that , I spent two summer’s wrapping bales and it was pure hardship getting the money of him for it , went working with a different lad and got the paid every 2 weeks and didn’t have to ask
Your right some farmers will pay going out the gate most will pay on invoice issued and more will make you earn your money collection....!!!

Claas Grass

You will get everything bar money off some lads, take away a machine, do a job for you, whatever except give you actual money. Plenty of lads drafted in for a few hours here and there and might get a thanks, or hire in another contractor for a long draw and the only way they can get money is to get them back for one of their own long draws.

johndeere6920s

That's pretty disingenuous attitude.

How do contractors manage to stay in business if everyone is trying not to pay them. Cop on for God sake.
Sure he's not wrong.
There's the world of lads out cutting silage and have a herd of cows at home keeping the show on the road or a big single farm payment.
All for the glory of it and to be the big man.
I know there are contractors at cows too and there run as a separate business. But jesus christ the carry on out of some of them is unreal