Evenflow

Used to have cattle here. God I haven’t missed them once since they left. Fences would always have been good but I do remember a few incidents.

Those of you who know Garryvoe hotel can relate to this, 40 bullocks would have taken to the beach only for a quick phone call to reception resulting in the manager running out with a brush in hand to turn them in the car park.

My father passed away in 06. He was a keen cattle man. The last bunch of big continentals were fattened off the grass in the summer with some meal feeding.
Their last field was on the roadside with gate way mid way.
Serious job to coax them out on the road which needed a metal trough on roadside with meal to tempt them.
My temper was very frayed at the time.
I still remember a nosey bollix in a new W reg bmw slowing down and gawking into the field. He didn’t see the metal trough until it was too late for his colour coded bumper.
He must have seen the violent temper on my face though as he didn’t stop to check his car but kept moving.....:lol::lol:

His videos are very good , particularly that one of the cattle on the road .
One I can relate too all to often .
I just would have an issue with the language . Bad language is something I try to avoid .I suppose when you have little ones you get more conscious of that .

His videos are very good , particularly that one of the cattle on the road .
One I can relate too all to often .
I just would have an issue with the language . Bad language is something I try to avoid .I suppose when you have little ones you get more conscious of that .

The bad language who give a fook about ha, the cows don't understand him ha, but as for flatout down the road hitting them with the bumper, having that in a video I'd be alot more uncomfortable about, what if it's a heavily pregnant animal? (and I'm normally far from on the pc brigade here, but a video like that going viral among the wrong crowd won't do any of us any good)

The bad language who give a fook about ha, the cows don't understand him ha, but as for flatout down the road hitting them with the bumper, having that in a video I'd be alot more uncomfortable about, what if it's a heavily pregnant animal? (and I'm normally far from on the pc brigade here, but a video like that going viral among the wrong crowd won't do any of us any good)
He is just a builder in a van herding cattle, not a video of a farmer moving cattle, for all anyone knows he could be a transgender vegan who came on the animals, so no reflection on farmers.

He is just a builder in a van herding cattle, not a video of a farmer moving cattle, for all anyone knows he could be a transgender vegan who came on the animals, so no reflection on farmers.

As we’d say here, he’s a “bit of a builder”

I was talking to a builder yesterday about a mutual acquaintance who he said got a “touch of diabetes”.

We’ve some way with words in this country.

I thought we were the only ones who referred to something that is long gone! 1997 in the case here!

Or the seven crossroads....

I only heard that about the crossroads for the first time last week, in this case it was the five crossroads, my first thought was five set of crossroads one after the other on a stretch of road, when I looked at it on the map it looks nothing like a cross

I thought we were the only ones who referred to something that is long gone! 1997 in the case here!

Or the seven crossroads....
Or the lads out around Castlebridge and Blackwater that use the unyoke or whatever it was as a reference point to strangers. Fecking place is gone for years.
Turn right at the forge is another one!

I only heard that about the crossroads for the first time last week, in this case it was the five crossroads, my first thought was five set of crossroads one after the other on a stretch of road, when I looked at it on the map it looks nothing like a cross

There Is one like that near here, It's simply known as The Five Roads though!

There's one near me called the five-ways. One way is green lane you'd think twice about taking a tractor down and another is just a footpath down a field.

Back