Facebook business page

nick

I know a few lads on here have them.

I have one for the business here and im trying to make best of it but it seems only way to get likes on it is pay a small fortune

So has anyone any tips?

I know a few lads on here have them.

I have one for the business here and im trying to make best of it but it seems only way to get likes on it is pay a small fortune

So has anyone any tips?

Well put up the link and we will all give it a like. Regular updates so it keeps up on people's news feed. Pictures of work you carry out and services you provide. A picture of good work is good advertisement.

I will if its ok with the @Mike although its not really relvenant to farming.

Ive been do that with pics ive paid a few bob but no one seem to enage with post.

I will if its ok with the @Mike although its not really relvenant to farming.

Ive been do that with pics ive paid a few bob but no one seem to enage with post.
Work on, no problem with members with a history of posting on here plugging their business

Last edited:
Well put up the link and we will all give it a like. Regular updates so it keeps up on people's news feed. Pictures of work you carry out and services you provide. A picture of good work is good advertisement.
This doesn't work anymore unfortunately. Anyone in Facebook even just personally will notice hat their posts now get fewer likes than they used to. They have changed the way it works to favour paying customers. Facebook is now pay to play and if you want to really drive business through it you need to use paid advertising and boost posts.

This doesn't work anymore unfortunately. Anyone on Facebook even just personally will notice that their posts now get fewer likes than they used to. They have changed the way it works to favour paying customers. Facebook is now pay to play and if you want to really drive business through it you need to use paid advertising and boost posts.

I have one , never paid for ads . I think the best thing is to keep posting pics and links . The more you put up the more hits it will get . The problem now is that Facebook is so busy things get lost to quickly.

thinking about setting up a fb page just to show the benifits of grain and fert drilling and the film on film on the fusion.different people take it different ways some take it as showing off fancy gear.shiney metal brings the likes its been proven.

thinking about setting up a fb page just to show the benifits of grain and fert drilling and the film on film on the fusion.different people take it different ways some take it as showing off fancy gear.shiney metal brings the likes its been proven.
I think pictures and links are about the best way tbh when you get into saying the benefits of one thing or another someone will have a counter argument.
I was reading this lately as an example
http://www.tama.co.il/blog/a-film-folly/

Without having looked tama obviously don't make barrel wrap. Lots of other independent tests proven that barrel wrap improves fermentation and dmd some other trials proven it doesn't.every field is different as is every crop if grass I won't be eating it but farmers are looking for it so I have provided it.the few we made with the demo machine last year were impressive enough.
It's like all the machinery manufacturers saying grain and fert is a waste of time.and now they are all making spilt hopper drills when some didn't want to know about it two years ago.same as horsch with the power Harrow drill.its in fashion now maybe it will stay maybe it won't.remains to be seen.

Without having looked tama obviously don't make barrel wrap. Lots of other independent tests proven that barrel wrap improves fermentation and dmd some other trials proven it doesn't.every field is different as is every crop if grass I won't be eating it but farmers are looking for it so I have provided it.the few we made with the demo machine last year were impressive enough.
It's like all the machinery manufacturers saying grain and fert is a waste of time.and now they are all making spilt hopper drills when some didn't want to know about it two years ago.same as horsch with the power Harrow drill.its in fashion now maybe it will stay maybe it won't.remains to be seen.
The tests are done by teagasc but as you say if people are looking for it then your on the horses back

Would appreciate the likes lads.

https://www.facebook.com/horseboxrepair/

Im getting in a load LED lighting next week. Ill do good deals for lads on here ill stick an ad in classifeds when ive final prices.
What brand of Led lighting are you doing Nick? We do a bit of it here too, as well as general trailer parts, so if you are ever needing anything give me a shout, and that goes for all members.:Thumbp2:

have a page that had about 180 likes last time i looked, today i notice im at 560! coming on for 400 likes in the past few days. not sure where its all coming from im assuming my page has been shared somewhere but i cant seem to find out:confused3:

I have one as well at the insistence of Mrs TC who has a much better idea of how social media marketing works than me, don't bother much with it though but then I think Facebook is a pain in the hole so I suppose you get out what you put in. The one thing I will say is it's a lot more relevant to some businesses than others. Contracting in general has a very local customer base, having thousands of likes from all corners of the country might make you feel good about yourself but it won't get you a whole pile of work particularly if the majority of them are a couple of hours drive away. It's a different story altogether for someone offering goods or services on a nationwide level.

I have one as well at the insistence of Mrs TC who has a much better idea of how social media marketing works than me, don't bother much with it though but then I think Facebook is a pain in the hole so I suppose you get out what you put in. The one thing I will say is it's a lot more relevant to some businesses than others. Contracting in general has a very local customer base, having thousands of likes from all corners of the country might make you feel good about yourself but it won't get you a whole pile of work particularly if the majority of them are a couple of hours drive away. It's a different story altogether for someone offering goods or services on a nationwide level.
Agree to a certain point but I have got some work locally but not in my area if you know what I mean , ,either a lad saw a machine he didn't know I had or someone who wanted work done and contacted me through Facebook . Might but a very small percentage of the business but every little helps for a very small amount of effort .

Agree to a certain point but I have got some work locally from it , either a lad saw a machine he didn't know I had or someone who wanted work done and contacted me through Facebook . Might but a very small percentage of the business but every little helps for a very small amount of effort .
Don't get me wrong, you have to have some sort of an online presence in this day and age, I suppose the point I was trying to make was to try to focus your efforts on a local level because likes don't equal sales. I have a website set up as well, I find you can put a lot more information on it and it's always there for reference, once it's done once you don't have to keep updating it all the time to try to grab people's attention. I'd sooner have ten people look at the website who were genuinely interested in something I had to offer than a thousand youngsters chasing click-bait around Facebook. But then as I said, I don't like Facebook in general.

Back