Factory Prices General thread

Ozzy Scott

Are fellas getting better prices at the marts for finished cattle at the moment . I have a bunch of inspec Angus bullocks ready to go next week , Just keeping my options open
Without a doubt. Factories seem happier to purchase through marts ............and i taught they lost QA and supermarkets didnt want fat cattle through marts :undecided:

Nashty

Without a doubt. Factories seem happier to purchase through marts ............and i taught they lost QA and supermarkets didnt want fat cattle through marts :undecided:
I am fairly sure that the factories (at least some of them) can sell meat as QA for some of their contracts as long as the animals spent their final 70 days pre slaughter on a QA farm, and obviously haven't had too many moves and are underage. And they can certainly process that meat alongside other QA cattle from QA suppliers on the same table so to speak. Some supermarkets may be strict on this, but others aren't was what I was told previously. Hence, how they can buy QA cattle in marts.

jf 850

I am fairly sure that the factories (at least some of them) can sell meat as QA for some of their contracts as long as the animals spent their final 70 days pre slaughter on a QA farm, and obviously haven't had too many moves and are underage. And they can certainly process that meat alongside other QA cattle from QA suppliers on the same table so to speak. Some supermarkets may be strict on this, but others aren't was what I was told previously. Hence, how they can buy QA cattle in marts.

The factories can do what they like .
QA versus non QA ? No difference when on a plate .

Horse versus bullock/heifer??

Nashty

The factories can do what they like .
QA versus non QA ? No difference when on a plate .

Horse versus bullock/heifer??
In essence yes, they can do what they like.
But for instance, when they were looking to get access to the Chinese market last year, a factory man told me straight out that on the days they were killing for the Chinese inspectors, there was no animal that was not properly QA supplied, killed there that day.
But that wouldn't always be the case, so I am sure that they often mix and match to suit themselves. And sure as you said, they can get away with it.

Burdizzo

In essence yes, they can do what they like.
But for instance, when they were looking to get access to the Chinese market last year, a factory man told me straight out that on the days they were killing for the Chinese inspectors, there was no animal that was not properly QA supplied, killed there that day.
But that wouldn't always be the case, so I am sure that they often mix and match to suit themselves. And sure as you said, they can get away with it.
The Chinese are very particular about what they eat! :batman:

Bencroy

Does Q A even matter when cattle are scarce
Left a fresh calver 10 days into the factory on Tuesday .she wasn't great on the feet and had a quarter gone. Was a p= 3= and I didnt even haggle just wanted a receipt for her in case id get a bill as I felt she may be starting to slip. 3.40 euro / kg .quite happy with her