Failed doe with brake pipes

Treemover

Doe test today; failed due to corrosion on brake lines. Toyota dealer told me a lot are failing with it.

Can I get them made up at motor factor or is it back to Toyota? Need to do all four!

Doe test today; failed due to corrosion on brake lines. Toyota dealer told me a lot are failing with it.

Can I get them made up at motor factor or is it back to Toyota? Need to do all four!
You can get them made up and ends flared at a good garage, €80 should do for the lot.

I replaced all the brake pipes on a carina once when it failed the NCT. I got a roll of pip from a motor factor and they gave me the loan of the tool to flare the ends. Simple enough job but it takes a bit time.

The solid lines, she’s getting like triggers broom; but as long as she stays going. Thanks lads, she’s due in for a gearbox overhaul once I get a chance. So I’ll ask my mechanic if he can do it then.

Had the same here. There was muck and dirt stuck on the steel pipes. The man in the cvrt centre told me to clean them off with a wire brush and spray paint them. He said that the dirt was showing up as corrosion. Done this three years ago and a quick clean up before the test annually and no problem since.

Back