Farm Machinery Hire

MeathMassey3

contractor over the road hired a baler from another. charged per bale. did it for a couple of years until the owner capsized the baler. didnt help that the 2 of them could be wanting the baler on the same day. decided to paddle his own canoe as my old man puts it and bought a combi after
Jeanie seen the grandmother's neighbours outfit in action last weekend. Has a fine outfit, a fendt 516 and a fusion 3 plus. Is the plastic wrap much better than the normal netting?

lough

I couldn't see anyone hiring a baler and/or wrapper out to anyone , except a customer who was buying those machines from their dealership , and wanted extra capacity for a period of good weather , or , if their own machinery was out of action .

At a quick guess 4 or 5 contractors have 2 if not 3 balers , usually 1 combi , and a round baler and a wrapper , within 5 miles of here, and there would be a lot of pit silage made around here.
I find it hard to believe that there isn't a baler within 23 km of you .
I would actually believe it, there is pockets of land out there in very remote locations that you could cut silage on that are surrounded by heather and rocks, it wouldn't be hard to get 14 miles away from the nearest baler

c4l

Jeanie seen the grandmother's neighbours outfit in action last weekend. Has a fine outfit, a fendt 516 and a fusion 3 plus. Is the plastic wrap much better than the normal netting?
Seen a plastic on plastic bale a couple months ago and jaysus it's some job. The guy that had it pulled from the heap and already had a hole through the black plastic. I thought, Christ the mould. Hole showed the clear/white plastic underneath. He opened the bale and no sign of mould anywhere. It helped with the sealing by the looks of it

Last edited:

MeathMassey3

Seen a plastic on plastic bale a couple months ago and jaysus it's some job. The guy that had it pulled from the heap and already had a hole through the black plastic. I thought, Christ the mould. Hole showed the clear/white plastic underneath. He opened the bale and no sign of mould anywhere. It helped with the sealing by the looks of it
They look to be some job. He has one of them new trailers where you drop either side to collect the bales, it's some job too.

whelan1

might as well give me the 16 digits at the front of his debit card along with the expiry date, name on card and the 3 digits at back of the card
There used to be a woman in mullinahone, when you were ordering tags she would reread the whole card details back, you could hear her in the background. I mentioned it to the woman I was ordering off one day and she said I know

FIAT 450

The contractor here has been using the plastic instead of net for a couple of years now and it is some job. No mouldy bales and no trying to pull the net out of the plastic either

bk1991

Contractor been using it here for the past few years Its a super job not one bit of waste on the bales and they keep much better. You have added protection on the parts of the bale your handling too.

With regard to the OP Hire agri in tipperary do hire small square bale wrappers not sure about larger round bale wrappers.

Deerehunter

What are lads being charged extra for nrf.
Local lad got one last year but he's not charging any extra for it.
i think a euro a bale extra. The lad near u is very generous, plastic alone nearly costs extra euro plus allowing for higher purchase cost of baler etc.

Last edited:

johndeere6920s

See this is the shite that goes on,sure we won't charge this lad extra for the nrf now we might get more work off him or your man next door might want to try it after seeing it.
There's a falling out then at some stage over a stone or getting stuck or it raining.
The next lad then trys charging extra and there's bust up because its more expensive than the original guy.
Prime example of why rates aren't going in the right direction in this country.

massey 6480

How many layers of nrf are lads putting on . Or better question how many layers of nrf are you recommended to use to compare with 24 wraps .

Blackwater boy

See this is the shite that goes on,sure we won't charge this lad extra for the nrf now we might get more work off him or your man next door might want to try it after seeing it.
There's a falling out then at some stage over a stone or getting stuck or it raining.
The next lad then trys charging extra and there's bust up because its more expensive than the original guy.
Prime example of why rates aren't going in the right direction in this country.
Depends on what side of the fence your on. If the end user is prepared to pay more for ‘better bales’ then they should. Personally I would not pay any more for it as I do not see the benefit.

Deerehunter

I don't want too see net on a bale ever again!
Was just talking to a mate whose had his done with a Kuhn combi last year, with the normal black wrap as the net. Likes it a lot too!
Far less waste all round!
The normal wrap is easier to lift too.

Reactions: AYF