Farm Machinery Hire

Jeanie seen the grandmother's neighbours outfit in action last weekend. Has a fine outfit, a fendt 516 and a fusion 3 plus. Is the plastic wrap much better than the normal netting?
Seen a plastic on plastic bale a couple months ago and jaysus it's some job. The guy that had it pulled from the heap and already had a hole through the black plastic. I thought, Christ the mould. Hole showed the clear/white plastic underneath. He opened the bale and no sign of mould anywhere. It helped with the sealing by the looks of it

Last edited:
Seen a plastic on plastic bale a couple months ago and jaysus it's some job. The guy that had it pulled from the heap and already had a hole through the black plastic. I thought, Christ the mould. Hole showed the clear/white plastic underneath. He opened the bale and no sign of mould anywhere. It helped with the sealing by the looks of it
They look to be some job. He has one of them new trailers where you drop either side to collect the bales, it's some job too.

might as well give me the 16 digits at the front of his debit card along with the expiry date, name on card and the 3 digits at back of the card
There used to be a woman in mullinahone, when you were ordering tags she would reread the whole card details back, you could hear her in the background. I mentioned it to the woman I was ordering off one day and she said I know

Jeanie seen the grandmother's neighbours outfit in action last weekend. Has a fine outfit, a fendt 516 and a fusion 3 plus. Is the plastic wrap much better than the normal netting?
The contractor here has been using the plastic instead of net for a couple of years now and it is some job. No mouldy bales and no trying to pull the net out of the plastic either

Contractor been using it here for the past few years Its a super job not one bit of waste on the bales and they keep much better. You have added protection on the parts of the bale your handling too.

With regard to the OP Hire agri in tipperary do hire small square bale wrappers not sure about larger round bale wrappers.

See this is the shite that goes on,sure we won't charge this lad extra for the nrf now we might get more work off him or your man next door might want to try it after seeing it.
There's a falling out then at some stage over a stone or getting stuck or it raining.
The next lad then trys charging extra and there's bust up because its more expensive than the original guy.
Prime example of why rates aren't going in the right direction in this country.

How many layers of nrf are lads putting on . Or better question how many layers of nrf are you recommended to use to compare with 24 wraps .

See this is the shite that goes on,sure we won't charge this lad extra for the nrf now we might get more work off him or your man next door might want to try it after seeing it.
There's a falling out then at some stage over a stone or getting stuck or it raining.
The next lad then trys charging extra and there's bust up because its more expensive than the original guy.
Prime example of why rates aren't going in the right direction in this country.
Depends on what side of the fence your on. If the end user is prepared to pay more for ‘better bales’ then they should. Personally I would not pay any more for it as I do not see the benefit.

Pardon my ignorance but how does the NRF work if you're feeding away from where you open the bales? I'd have a couple of customers who would be outwintering cattle, they take the plastic off in the yard and then take the net off at the round feeder, taking the whole lot off at that point wouldn't be simple.

Pardon my ignorance but how does the NRF work if you're feeding away from where you open the bales? I'd have a couple of customers who would be outwintering cattle, they take the plastic off in the yard and then take the net off at the round feeder, taking the whole lot off at that point wouldn't be simple.
Cut the face of the outer layers, grab the inside of the plastic and stretch it out a bit and cut along the barrel then I'm assuming. Don't have to go all serial killer on the bale

Cut the 2 ends off in the yard then just slice the barrel the same as you would a net wrap bale at the feeder I guess would be the only way?

It’s something I think I’d go for in the morning (5600 mchales can do it if kitted out for it) if I could but don’t see it working well with a standard trailed wrapper, I think you’d need an inline wrapper type with a cradle arm.

How much net do you put on? I wouldn't travel far with the plastic off myself and they get 2.2 rounds of net

Lads if ye were having mouldy bales with net & wrap that it was a problem ye mustn't off being putting on enough wrap & or using poor quailty plastic & or damaging your bales in transit.

One lad who's using new fusion made bales with the wrap,told me he spent hours looking for the start of the net on bales. I told him maybe he needs glasses.

Father phil said recently "it's not how much you can make,its how much you can save" at a euro extra a bale it flys in the face of such.

Could never see any problems with net from a farmer's perspective. (Suppose it keeps the contractor in debt & lament buying these new balers.the only way they'd have it)

there’s a lad we do a small bit of sowing and spraying for with the nickname “old Trafford” a bit of tillage, a few sheep, a few cows, a few dry cattle and a couple of ridges of potatoes. Everything he does in the yard is exceptionally clean and to perfect standard. He does his own baling with a krone 130 chopper model. He puts on 16 wraps to his TWINE bales with his Roco wrapper if anyone remembers them and draws them back to the yard one by one himself with a massey 699, every year he has silage like it was fermented in a lab, there isn’t a white or blue spot on any bale ever only good quality silage. He would be making 500 of these silage bales a year for himself and I asked him one day how he manages to have every bale waste free, he told me there’s 2 key steps: the first “don’t cut sh1te” the 2nd “mind the bales after they are made” I think these are 2 things a lot of people forget about

Back