Fast bales

Everyones situation is different, running tractors with loaders and trunks here behind a fusion, 2 tractors would keep things cleared most days, working with 18ft trailers, may sound small to alot of ye but work well for me, tight gaps and yards here, one trailer has high racks and carrys 13 bales, in and out of places quick with the 18fts, charging €3 a bale here, most draws are short, any long draw farmer pick up a spare trailer and draws with us. I think the wilson and keltec have there places too, especially where there is bigger yards, 2 would work well together behind 2 fusions and loader in the yard imo
Fine outfit , any chance of another few pictures of them bale trailers.
I'm looking to source or build a trailer around that size.
I'm looking for ideas/inspiration. 🧐

Both sides,with pto engagement.

Newer curtain siders are load bearing,no reason you couldn’t cram it full and shut the curtains.
Biggest worry would be hitting branches ,ok if it drags on a bale usually.
The curtains are only load bearing up to a point, I very much doubt they would hold bales if they slipped.

Ya serious trailer, its a scully trailer, made here in co kerry, its 18ft 6in long, carries 13 bales normally, on 500 45 22.5 bkt ridemax tyres, best yoke iv ever bought
Ball park figure for that trailer, would 10k buy it .its a fine trailer for my place

What kind of money would pit lads charge if all fields were up to four miles away with some a bit nearer but none around the yard.

What kind of money would pit lads charge if all fields were up to four miles away with some a bit nearer but none around the yard.

Your silage ground isn't any further from the hard than most dairy lads now , and a lot nearer than plenty . Lots of 7 and 10 mile draws nowadays .

Round here you'd be talking the going rate per acre plus extra trailers, and I don't think you'd be allowed to refuse putting on the extra trailers either. You'd need 6 or 7 trailers for an 8 mile round trip, so 3 standard, plus 4 at 50 to 60 euro an hour each id say.
Guy with an AD plant I know carts past our house, he'd have 70 acres rented and it's over an hour round trip, literally just has the whole country carting in for him.

Has anyone got or seen a trunk type grab that is capable of picking up 2 round bales across the trailer, (ie not alongside each other)I'm wondering about making one to speed up unloading mainly. I have seen on that would pick up 3 wrapped squares like that, but can't remember where I saw it:confused:

Has anyone got or seen a trunk type grab that is capable of picking up 2 round bales across the trailer, (ie not alongside each other)I'm wondering about making one to speed up unloading mainly. I have seen on that would pick up 3 wrapped squares like that, but can't remember where I saw it:confused:

Two wrapped bales? The likes of MX make a tined grab for lifting two round bales but not sure if it would be man enough for two chopped silage bales and if finely chopped the bales may well break apart. Plus how would you handle a single bale as the trunk would not clamp back enough.

That would put weight out a heck of a distance.
Hard work on crowd rams I'd say?

Back