Fast bales

Its putting a lot of time and cost on the job if the wrapped bales have to be moved any distance. I can't understand why farmers won't stack them in the corner of the field and draw them during the winter like itw years ago.:scratchhead:
Not everyone wants to plough the daylights out if they’re land in mid winter

and the wrapper man feels the pain next summer if left at the side of the field. one of the neighbours i wrap for stacks the bales at the side of the fields and my god his 575 makes some tracks. i'm left bounding back and forth in the field to where he stacks and the ruts are so bad that he he wont go near them over the summer months when the ground is somewhat solid

and the wrapper man feels the pain next summer if left at the side of the field. one of the neighbours i wrap for stacks the bales at the side of the fields and my god his 575 makes some tracks. i'm left bounding back and forth in the field to where he stacks and the ruts are so bad that he he wont go near them over the summer months when the ground is somewhat solid

Any money that guy comes back and tell someone you buy a rotavator

There shouldnt be any land damaged drawing out bales provided you use your head. When baled silage became popular first around here it allowed people who couldnt afford a shed to house their cattle to leave their feed outside and put their cattle in the hay shed. It gave a lot of people a great chance to increase their wealth and better feed in a bad year instead of hay.
I see some people now stacking their bales in the shed and bringing the bales back out to feed in the field and ploughing the place with cattle.

There shouldnt be any land damaged drawing out bales provided you use your head. When baled silage became popular first around here it allowed people who couldnt afford a shed to house their cattle to leave their feed outside and put their cattle in the hay shed. It gave a lot of people a great chance to increase their wealth and better feed in a bad year instead of hay.
I see some people now stacking their bales in the shed and bringing the bales back out to feed in the field and ploughing the place with cattle.
If you used your head you'd move the bales to sound ground as near as possible to where they will be needed when land was dry and conditions were good. People stacked them in the corners of fields years ago because they had no way of transporting big amounts of wrapped bales. Most of them didn't have a loader fit to lift them, never mind a bale handler to go on it, they were all fed out with spikes on the back of the tractor.

If you used your head you'd move the bales to sound ground as near as possible to where they will be needed when land was dry and conditions were good. People stacked them in the corners of fields years ago because they had no way of transporting big amounts of wrapped bales. Most of them didn't have a loader fit to lift them, never mind a bale handler to go on it, they were all fed out with spikes on the back of the tractor.

It would surely be a recipe for disaster if you stacked the bales in a swamp. My point been is from my observations of the job and from talking the various farmers and contractors that drawing in freshly made silage bales is a job that neither farmer nor contractor wants to do as its a nuisance during a busy time. Surely putting down a hardcore base as near as possible to where the bales are been made would make the job more efficient and cost effective.

It would surely be a recipe for disaster if you stacked the bales in a swamp. My point been is from my observations of the job and from talking the various farmers and contractors that drawing in freshly made silage bales is a job that neither farmer nor contractor wants to do as its a nuisance during a busy time. Surely putting down a hardcore base as near as possible to where the bales are been made would make the job more efficient and cost effective.
The most efficient and cost effective way to make silage is to put it in a pit........

Are you joking, most wouldn't even hardcore a gateway.. know of a lad that stacked the bales at the opposite side to the gate on rented land despite being told it was liable to flooding in bad weather, they were there until the following May:boat:

We probably go as far as half to three quarters of a mile for our furthest !!

Ideally you want to be less than half a mile and then you're not bashing fupp out of your back !!!

The Ritchie had its 21st Biffy this year ,and has worked harder the last 10 yrs since we have had a Mc Hale 991BE remote control wrapper in the stackyard !!

A 2 man job if you dont include the other half bringing cups of tea and Mini Rolls and Butties , as well as tucking a few tails in and writing legends on each bale :wub: (Of course we have to have the man on the Combi knocking the bales out in net )

gIJmrB1h.jpg

Nice job still think it's a good idea it should be fairly easy for someone to work it and a handy enough tractor would do
Know where there is one blocking a gap if interested. Seemily bigger tractors wrecked them by pulling the draw bar off them. Local lad use run one on mf165

Know where there is one blocking a gap if interested. Seemily bigger tractors wrecked them by pulling the draw bar off them. Local lad use run one on mf165
Hi If it's for sale and no one else is interested I d like to find out more about it.
I know a lad looking for one , he spotted the one on done deal but it had sold by then.

Back