Fast bales

johndeere6920s

We're drawing an awful lot of bales now and it's an absolute pain in the hole to put it lightly.
Too many men tractors and tyres tied up at a simple task.
Every one says keltec but I rang lads advertising them on done deal and they said that there not the best machine for wrapped bales that you need the one man on it the whole time.
Has anyone seen any machine capable of carrying 4 to 6 bales on a short to medium journey fast.
I'll get over the long draws with the trailer but if the short and medium ones Cound be narrowed down to one man stacking and one man drawing in I'd be on a winner

I see lots of lads with the Wilson 10 bale carries around here and most of them saying they are great yokes but I was ajitating slurry for a man who gets bales done with a fusion and bales drew with a Wilson. Was just looking at the bales and couldn’t believe the amount of them that were ripped and patched up.

As for drawing bales we find lads drawing with bale carries on the front and back is very quick way of getting them in on short draws. We usually have two lads with doubles on the back and singles on the front. If only one lad going we sometimes bring two on front and two on the back.

Any of the lads around here drawing alot of bales has a double front and back of a big tractor and then a tractor and loader with a double on the back and a stacker on the front quickest cheapest way for you to clear bales id say. For the front links youll need a higher hole at the top link to work right ive had to modify one for a lad before it wouldnt crowd back when picked up.

Any of the lads around here drawing alot of bales has a double front and back of a big tractor and then a tractor and loader with a double on the back and a stacker on the front quickest cheapest way for you to clear bales id say. For the front links youll need a higher hole at the top link to work right ive had to modify one for a lad before it wouldnt crowd back when picked up.
We have had used doubles on the front before but it's lethal dangerous pulling out on to roads with them especially in the dark

If you really want to be clever, buy a foestry forwarder and put a flatbed on it!
Fast loading and unloading!
Had thought about a rubber duck for stacking

Double on back single on front loader and second tractor with double on back we use, can clear a lot of bales, also bales are stacked at the same time, not moving again like with a keltic etc.

Two tractors with loaders and doubles on the back are able to keep up to a fusion if the draw is only across a couple of fields.

What kind of charge is there for drawing them in, instead of the farmer doing it

Two tractors with loaders and doubles on the back are able to keep up to a fusion if the draw is only across a couple of fields.

What kind of charge is there for drawing them in, instead of the farmer doing it
Id draw in and stack for people the odd time double on the back and stacker on the loader 40 plus vat is the going rate around here.

We have had used doubles on the front before but it's lethal dangerous pulling out on to roads with them especially in the dark

Had thought about a rubber duck for stacking
Fine for stacking. Even better there would be an ex scrap handler!
Still need to load in the field though.

We're drawing an awful lot of bales now and it's an absolute pain in the hole to put it lightly.
Too many men tractors and tyres tied up at a simple task.
Every one says keltec but I rang lads advertising them on done deal and they said that there not the best machine for wrapped bales that you need the one man on it the whole time.
Has anyone seen any machine capable of carrying 4 to 6 bales on a short to medium journey fast.
I'll get over the long draws with the trailer but if the short and medium ones Cound be narrowed down to one man stacking and one man drawing in I'd be on a winner
Painfully when your loading bales onto a trailer in a short draw and 10 min later to be unloading them again, alot of handling in a short period. Be a fine think to have to draw no bale

Double on back single on front loader and second tractor with double on back we use, can clear a lot of bales, also bales are stacked at the same time, not moving again like with a keltic etc.

I'm on about a mile or two down the road.
What about one half of a keltec on a drawbar that swings out like a mower

We draw bales about three mile from rented land. The best system we find is tractor and loader stays in field loading trailers and another stays in the yard stacking and then a couple of lads with bale trailers drawing.

They were definitely a thing, a local guy had one (keltec or maybe conor) but it only handled 4/5 bales and wasn't a great design. A lot of weight to one side when offset and had a few bales on it. I believe it saw the welder a fair amount.

I was thinking of a curtainsider behind the tractor and loader here, curtains to stop then getting tore on the road, we draw about 3-4 mile normally. also we would have a use for the same tailer in the winter to draw straw and store it from another farm 14 mile away.

currently just a thought but using 2 tractors with double lifters one with a loader also and if a man is free the landrover takes 3 on a flat trailer. cant help but think one man with 26ft curtainsider would be as quick and cheap

Contractor here has a Wilson drawing fusion bales good job I stay in the yard and stacking . I be under pressure here when the draw is close , plenty room in our ward so can drop a go , long draws he still uses it , no waiting in the yard for the loader just drop and gone for the next load

Last edited:
Either you invest big money in a Wilson or a keltec and get a dedicated tractor and driver or else bale trailers.
The lad that does the bales here has both options, he has the 10 bale keltec or else bale trailers, he uses the keltec for wrapping in the yard and bale trailers when he wraps with the baler. Personally I wouldn’t really like to be drawing wrapped bales with a keltec, I reckon too many of them would get damaged and they would have to be moved very quickly as if they sag any little bit at all you definitely will damage them.
The only other way to speed things up is put a 2nd loader on another tractor, 1 in the field and 1 in the yard and a tractor or 2 on the road with trailers, maybe 2 or 3 trailers and 1 or 2 tractors and be dropping trailers. I can’t see any other realistic way.

swings and roundabouts, if you bought a Fusion to cut out the wrapper man :scratchhead:

Its putting a lot of time and cost on the job if the wrapped bales have to be moved any distance. I can't understand why farmers won't stack them in the corner of the field and draw them during the winter like itw years ago.:scratchhead:

Back