Fast bales

Has anyone got or seen a trunk type grab that is capable of picking up 2 round bales across the trailer, (ie not alongside each other)I'm wondering about making one to speed up unloading mainly. I have seen on that would pick up 3 wrapped squares like that, but can't remember where I saw it:confused:
Don’t keltec engeering make a handler that will catch 2 bales that way @Noddy

Don’t keltec engeering make a handler that will catch 2 bales that way @Noddy
Was just going to post that, it’s a soft hands though rather than trunk type,2A8BC94E-3E0C-4201-9CFE-625633EE6400.png

I’d be thinking the same as @Merv_B that a trunk would need to have a serious range for when you need to pick up a single bale, only other thing I can think of is to go like the quicke top grip (or the Fleming version) but seriously beefed up and a second ram then to slide in and out the top section about 2or 3 foot, 8D82444B-3832-4EE9-B46B-F7471B7AE817.png

Was just going to post that, it’s a soft hands though rather than trunk type,View attachment 85407

I’d be thinking the same as @Merv_B that a trunk would need to have a serious range for when you need to pick up a single bale, only other thing I can think of is to go like the quicke top grip (or the Fleming version) but seriously beefed up and a second ram then to slide in and out the top section about 2or 3 foot, View attachment 85408
Ya, would need some pressure to keep the 2bales together with the trunk over the top, you’d think they’d slip in the middle

Ya, would need some pressure to keep the 2bales together with the trunk over the top, you’d think they’d slip in the middle
I think you’d need to be gripping them fairly low anyways, I know an ordinary trunk works spot on picking up 2 80*90 squares about 5ft long but that’s a good bit short of 2 1.2m wide bales

Found the one I'd seen doing 3 squares

Would be going on a 3.2 tonne telehandler so the weight shouldn't be a problem, and only for unloading back at the yard, where taking the full width of the trailer would be massively easier than trying to get the trunk down between the bales on a load

Would be going on a 3.2 tonne telehandler so the weight shouldn't be a problem, and only for unloading back at the yard, where taking the full width of the trailer would be massively easier than trying to get the trunk down between the bales on a load
That’s got a fair range! 2.7 to 0.7, I didn’t think you’d get it that easily tbh! Looking at the pics they are lifting 3 80x90’s 3X 80’s is 240 so would be the same roughly as 2 rounds, I wonder how it would compare price wise to a side by side twin trunk

Perhaps the solution is to make two handlers into 1!

Imagine if you will a solid middle bar, to slip down between the bales on the trailer.

Then the moving parts squeeze either end, one from the headstock end and the other as normal.

Single bales could be a challenge though?

That looks some weapon 😁

Recorded yesterday passing by land ive rented heading into town.tractor man not from area but the commentry on the replies are " strong "
The tractor man wouldn't get to excited anyways but as im not on " nosey book " i see the replies on herselfs phone.
All upstanding pillars of society 😂

Had a bale trailer come of years ago, and go through the boundary wall at the road belonging to a newish house.

‘Twas the grace of God no one was walking there at the time 🙏

A bale trailer (empty) came off a tractor outside my gate last summer.
Luckily The road was flat enough at that point, that the trailer came to a halt
What surprised me was how blase they were about it.
When I remarked that he was lucky it popped of at that point, as 40 feet further back it would have sailed off down the hill, their reply was that the guy in the loader (who was well behind) would have caught it anyway!
They hooked back on and drew bales for a few hours with it.

When I remarked that he was lucky it popped of at that point, as 40 feet further back it would have sailed off down the hill, their reply was that the guy in the loader (who was well behind) would have caught it anyway!

I

my trailer was empty to.
That road was cursed with hidden bumps (no excuse).
was on a tractor we considered had a very safe hitch at the time.
Anything on the rd now I always put a chain on.

Is it law to have a trailed implement chained on now?

I'd say I know who gave you that response anyway

They may have known exactly how lucky they were. No point in panicking after the event. Playing it down, no point in getting joe public all excited.
You would hope that whatever caused the detachment was corrected before continuing though.

They may have known exactly how lucky they were. No point in panicking after the event. Playing it down, no point in getting joe public all excited.
You would hope that whatever caused the detachment was corrected before continuing though.
There was no Joe Public around, only myself and I was far from panicked! They backed under it (less brake hose and lights) and went off on their merry way.

Back