Fast bales

You could get the baler to send the gps coordinates of the bales to the trailer!
My brother wanted to mark the stones with a handheld GPS and just lift the header of the combine. Given that this was 1999 we just opted to leave the device in the loader and it just about marked every tramline it went down. Technology is starting to catch up with his futuristic ideas .
When Pouron Ivomec came out I remember him talking to a rep at a beef event in Grange and suggesting a pouron that would castrate weanlings. Rubber gloves optional.

Don't know about a duck but maybe rubber tracks or rubber blocks would be a good answer.as you still head to dig in a field etc
Had no grab just the bucket , if you had a shear grab it would be a weapon but awkard if you had to load straights etc.
Know of a couple of lads with mchale bale handlers on track machines

A JCB hydradig would be the machine,engine on the diet feeder with wireless control and you would tow it to fill and feed without getting out the cab.

View attachment 91101
If you ever got to drive a jcb hydradig or know someone with one you’ll know she’ll be parked more then used :blush:in fairness their a nice design of a duck for JCB, but they suffer a lot of stupid minor faults. An old boss of mine had Takeuchi ducks then bought hydradigs also, the Takeuchi where still more reliable. Also a good duck on proper tractor grip style tyres will get across a lot of wet mucky ground also

I noticed that it could do with dropping them lower or have some kind of cushion for dropping. Whats d 1 like in Dungarvan? I saw another on facebook this morning il see if i can find it again

Edit i just found it here again. Is this d 1?

View attachment 66942 View attachment 66943

It's this machine that was about a couple years back, read they are partnering up manufacturing it.

So is this Bale chaser built by the lad in Wexford and Samco have taken it on? or is the Samco unit a different enterprise and just happens to look the same?

Self propelled balers won't take off in my view, not unless output can be dramatically increased with them like a self propelled forager can.

A 150-200hp tractor can drag a baler all summer and be used at something in winter too.
Wasn't the case with foragers, as you'd need a very big tractor to get output, making it useless rest of the year.

@AYF the guys in the videos claim they are doing work of 2 regular tractor baler combos with 5x5 and larger bales, then again they are all company videos from Vermeer I haven't seen any independent ones. The other thing with Vermeer is the process is automated, heck ya can even set the baler to stop and slew 90 degrees on either side to drop bale crossways on a hill.

Back