FBD

I have a 05 landcruiser; FBD will now only cover it 3rd party fire and theft!

So after being with FBd since I was 18 that’s the end of it.

Same happened with Volvo a few years back.

Moved to Zurich now.

How are others getting on?
Moved to Zurich, last year. Over a thousand less for better cover and cover I wanted. FBD said what I wanted couldn't be done. I have never been insured with anyone else but FBD until now.

Zurich Rep is a gentleman and couldn't recommend him highly enough

Moved to Zurich now.

I was with them for 6 years with a jeep and they suddenly almost doubled in price in 2018 and I have been with AXA since. I have priced them since and have been on average almost double every year.

Car policy was increasing €50 per annum with Fbd, swapped to Axa and its come down each year without even checking with them. Paying little more than a third of what Fbd were. Admittedly I’ve dropped open drive but have some named drivers instead.

On the farm we switched to Zurich for a few years when Fbd “couldn’t do any better” until Zurich hammered them for the same cover. Magically they managed to revise everything and we are back with them now and getting much better run from them

Axa blew fbd out of the water here a few years ago. But their prices kept rising since, Zurich rep who was second in the bidding when we changed a few years ago rang recently and got the business.

Same crack with the car here, 07, changed back to AXA who I was with for years until about 3 yrs ago. Also changed the car after so didn't matter but still pissed me off. Tractor and house were also with fbd but no once the computer says no, thats it

Had been with fbd then Zurich then Axa and this year Isure who are new in market. I use a broker who manages all the switchover but review the details thoroughly with me so hopefully we good in event of claim

As with everything it's who you deal with in the business, there are some totally useless people . Still waiting for a call back from Zurich 3 years after I went looking for a quote...

I priced other insurers from time to time and fbd have been dearer but I've found they usually match, come close enough it isn't worth bothering to change insurers or they beat the quote. We've also been loyal customers since fbd were founded something I remind the fella who calls out here every renewal time of and that loyalty cuts both ways.
They were the only ones who would insure the dodge when I first got it.
Liberty an American insurer wouldn't touch it nor would the rest.

I priced other insurers from time to time and fbd have been dearer but I've found they usually match, come close enough it isn't worth bothering to change insurers or they beat the quote. We've also been loyal customers since fbd were founded something I remind the fella who calls out here every renewal time of and that loyalty cuts both ways.
They were the only ones who would insure the dodge when I first got it.
Liberty an American insurer wouldn't touch it nor would the rest.
I did try to stay with fbd before changing but they were over €700 dearer that year and premium had almost doubled in year (probably around time jeep had crossed 10 years old). No way I could justify that.

With Farm First here for a number of years,was a long time FBD customer as was my father but a ridiculous renewal quote for a son of mine up from€1800 to €5600 despite no claims finished me with them.
They obviously didn’t want his business so I pulled mine as well.

That's the impression I got from them. I don't do "matching" pricing, as im of the opinion, that if you accepted their first price, they were happy to ride you, as you were a "loyal" customer. I will give any salesperson one bite of the cherry, but haven't time for messing.
Exactly, I rang axa and told them I had a quote quite a bit lower then their inflated renewal, it was actually cheaper than last year's renewal. They asked how far they were out and I told them Zurich had given their best price and so should they. They took 50 quid off. Zurich were 500 cheaper, and the Zurich rep said that's my best price first time no messing

Moved to Zurich now.

Similar aged landcruiser here.Have farm, house etc with AXA and its 350 a year full comp open driving over 25 to insure the landcruiser.Think the commercial vehicle has to be over ten years old.

Insured a van with them as well couple of years ago and they mirrored the no claims bonus.Think it's c.420 full comp open driving over 25.Was allowed 2 years bonus I think so at this stage will have two commercial full bonuses next year.

Couldn't even get a quote of fbd this year still waiting for them to come back to me. The Zurich rep was helpful as always assisting with a few adjustments.

Back