Feed ingredients and nutritive value

It's an 80 alright. It's smaller and lower than the 100 that I have now. It's ideal as there's low roofs there and nothing bigger will get in. Theres a trap in her for washing beet but I never used it.

Suits him so.
All you have to now is get paid for it. " Ah sure , why would I buy it. The winter is nearly over. I mightn't need it next year. Will have plenty of silage ".

That's a grand outfit there Peter, just goes to prove you don't need an all singing and dancing tractor and machine to feed with! That 80 feeder is very clean too, not often you'd see them as good as that!

What's the difference between Trafford Gold and Distillers Grain? They are both from the drinks industry I thought?

That's a grand outfit there Peter, just goes to prove you don't need an all singing and dancing tractor and machine to feed with! That 80 feeder is very clean too, not often you'd see them as good as that!

What's the difference between Trafford Gold and Distillers Grain? They are both from the drinks industry I thought?

Trafford is the by-product of glucose and distillers is the by-product of ethanol.

We used to feed vita-gold,this was a by-product from alcohol manufacturing at a site near Glasgow,great feed but it now ends up in their digester.:tdown::curse:

That’s shite talk, if you have a store with 5000 tonnes in it how do you do that? I’ve plenty experience and that does not happen.
My brother works in the feed haulage business, a lot of the poultry feed comes from Irish producers, seems to be the best quality.
Feed comes in from the same place for the most part it comes in in ships which are unloaded and stored in piles of thousands of tons, big industry for hauliers just taking the grain from the ship to the store.
Anyways a lot of loads come in with parts that are heated, my brother saw a few loads that had heated so bad they cooked rock hard in the boat. They needed a rock hammer to break it up in the ship to get it out and when it was in the yard they had to drive the wheel loaders over it to break it up to deliver otherwise it wouldn't go into the mills intakes.
Now some feed merchants will refuse this type of feed, but there is always someone who will take it.
But good feed tends to go to the poultry first and a lot is Irish sourced.

My brother works in the feed haulage business, a lot of the poultry feed comes from Irish producers, seems to be the best quality.
Feed comes in from the same place for the most part it comes in in ships which are unloaded and stored in piles of thousands of tons, big industry for hauliers just taking the grain from the ship to the store.
Anyways a lot of loads come in with parts that are heated, my brother saw a few loads that had heated so bad they cooked rock hard in the boat. They needed a rock hammer to break it up in the ship to get it out and when it was in the yard they had to drive the wheel loaders over it to break it up to deliver otherwise it wouldn't go into the mills intakes.
Now some feed merchants will refuse this type of feed, but there is always someone who will take it.
But good feed tends to go to the poultry first and a lot is Irish sourced.

as above, I seen a straight being tipped in a mill store and as the driver was weighing out he was sent down to be loaded with it again, looked nothing like, or smelt like it should. his answer was so and so wont notice it-they must have put it in a bin, was a bigger firm too.

poultry and pigs I think would get the top notch stuff as they are a meal only diet and short coming s noticed quickly, with dairy next then the other stock.

as above, I seen a straight being tipped in a mill store and as the driver was weighing out he was sent down to be loaded with it again, looked nothing like, or smelt like it should. his answer was so and so wont notice it-they must have put it in a bin, was a bigger firm too.

poultry and pigs I think would get the top notch stuff as they are a meal only diet and short coming s noticed quickly, with dairy next then the other stock.
Thing is those ship loads end up selling cheap to the mill that takes it but goes out at market value and no one is none the wiser.

Maize must have gotten cheaper. We are feeding Grennan's ultra cereal. Have upped the feed in the last few weeks in order to preserve silage. The first bins of it that I got were dusty enough. The last bin is almost 50% yellow sweet corn. It's whole and some of the pods are the size of a 20c piece. Cattle are going mad for it. Only problem wit it is that it's not flowing properly through my lick feeder.

Maize must have gotten cheaper. We are feeding Grennan's ultra cereal. Have upped the feed in the last few weeks in order to preserve silage. The first bins of it that I got were dusty enough. The last bin is almost 50% yellow sweet corn. It's whole and some of the pods are the size of a 20c piece. Cattle are going mad for it. Only problem wit it is that it's not flowing properly through my lick feeder.

Whole maize is down at £165/t now,I contracted at £194/t ground for the winter,so it's £20/t down now.

Anyone caught up in the latest issue with imported Maize?
While I have sympathy for those with stock effected, this is what happens if your only making up feed on cost along and no care for traceability or quality. The logical conclusion to a race to the bottom is that someone gets there.

Anyone caught up in the latest issue with imported Maize?
While I have sympathy for those with stock effected, this is what happens if your only making up feed on cost along and no care for traceability or quality. The logical conclusion to a race to the bottom is that someone gets there.
What's up with it??
GM?

What's up with it??
GM?
Mycotoxins, from what I hear, but if that is it, it must be very bad as it is effecting ruminants as well as pigs and chickens.
North American maize stored outside for months, as a lot had to be the last couple of years.
Native is best, local even better.

Mycotoxins, from what I hear, but if that is it, it must be very bad as it is effecting ruminants as well as pigs and chickens.
North American maize stored outside for months, as a lot had to be the last couple of years.
Any word on what merchants had it?

If the problem was only Mycotoxins, merchants would just put in a mycotoxin binder with it and all would be okay. Many cattle dead anyone know? Lack of thrive will be something serious. Has most of this grain been fed?

If the problem was only Mycotoxins, merchants would just put in a mycotoxin binder with it and all would be okay. Many cattle dead anyone know? Lack of thrive will be something serious. Has most of this grain been fed?
I hear that they are now offering to put in an addictive @ about €2/ton? I only heard of stock thriving very badly, but would expect pigs and chickens to be more seriously affected.

I hear that they are now offering to put in an addictive @ about €2/ton? I only heard of stock thriving very badly, but would expect pigs and chickens to be more seriously affected.

It must be Glanbia, first they sell you shite, then they sell you stuff so the shite doesn't kill the cattle:lol::lol: . Looked at cattle that I saw 6 weeks ago with a neighbor. Eating 6kgs of meal since then, and I'm not sure they throve anything

It must be Glanbia, first they sell you shite, then they sell you stuff so the shite doesn't kill the cattle:lol::lol: . Looked at cattle that I saw 6 weeks ago with a neighbor. Eating 6kgs of meal since then, and I'm not sure they throve anything

Some lads would take the eye out of your head, that crowd would try tell you that you'd be better off without it.

Back