Feed ingredients and nutritive value

How would you store it if it is sloppy wet stuff do you mind me asking?

It can be heaped up with a digger , and the water will drain off , it needs to be sealed well , with good plastic . It will be crumbly when being fed out .

It doesn't sound bad value for young cattle at 48 euro per ton for material that is circa 20% protein albeit dry matter is 23% to be fair.

It’s cheap at that but 23% is pretty wet sloppy stuff. It’s mid 20’s protein also which is of no real benefit to you for finishing cattle. How much is the beet costing?
Depends on the Protein % of the rest of the diet, and I find protein in the rest of the diet is nearly always over estimated by farmers. 23% is low DM, similar to brewers and these DM's are nearly always quoted at the maximum value. Each 1% drop in DM, is €10 a ton in price per DM. Buyer beware when dealing with wet feeds

I used to feed a huge amount of brewers grains,it always fed better when fresh,gave up because I was fed up of it being so wet,I’ve enough water without buying extra.

Way out of touch with feeding cattle these days, but back in the day, I always thought that beet, brewers grains and straw made for a very good diet when used together, if short of silage.
Beet and straw are very low in protein and the brewers grains complement them, but it does make for a lot of complication feeding all 3.

Just chatting to another forum member this evening and we were just saying about our location about maize and beet which would be at least a 2h lorry haul from us which would make a very good feed for the autumn calvers.basically nuts and a blend and good silage will have to do.
@ blackwater boy , have you come across " covalin ff " or have you much expierence of it.trinity nutrition is the importer and I got it through " irwines " in dungannon.
Feed 200 grams a day and found a nice increase in butterfat almost 2 litres and body condition.going to order more of it.
Would think it's a better product than megalac.

Just chatting to another forum member this evening and we were just saying about our location about maize and beet which would be at least a 2h lorry haul from us which would make a very good feed for the autumn calvers.basically nuts and a blend and good silage will have to do.
@ blackwater boy , have you come across " covalin ff " or have you much expierence of it.trinity nutrition is the importer and I got it through " irwines " in dungannon.
Feed 200 grams a day and found a nice increase in butterfat almost 2 litres and body condition.going to order more of it.
Would think it's a better product than megalac.
No never heard of it at all. What is it?

What driver had ya this morning @Nashty .
The " buds " cover alot of the country.both of them are from our town Mrs McKiernan is one of us.shes still in and out of the offices up until lately anyways keeping an eye on things

What driver had ya this morning @Nashty .
The " buds " cover alot of the country.both of them are from our town Mrs McKiernan is one of us.shes still in and out of the offices up until lately anyways keeping an eye on things
Twas a Robinson's truck pulling the trailer, young lad driving, Richard i think, super pilot to be fair to him because our yard is a little tight

4CC1BC01-A859-4E8E-8AB3-D87A0333F8EC.jpegCan anyone tell me what this is?….it’s not pure maize is it? I asked my dad to pick up a bag of maize and he came home with this 🤷🏻‍♂️

😂maybe I should clarify here. As in will it help fatten my cattle that I’m finishing. Or is it more for cows?

Back