Fence in a river

For the amount of cattle we are talking about, surely an IBC on an old trailer with a water trough on the back of it is an option and back it in somewhere where the cows can't get at it.

Even in a very dry time, one fill mid grazing should do it.

Plenty of old 1100 or 1300 gal tankers about.fit a small trough to the back with a ballcock and plumbed and sure it would do grand for a small number pf cattle

Plenty of old 1100 or 1300 gal tankers about.fit a small trough to the back with a ballcock and plumbed and sure it would do grand for a small number pf cattle
I wouldn't be gone on that idea, the inside of an old vacuum tank would be rusty and contaminated with slurry, not suitable for drinking water.

I wouldn't be gone on that idea, the inside of an old vacuum tank would be rusty and contaminated with slurry, not suitable for drinking water.

I’ve one here as a bowser for the drain jetter,it’s ok if you don’t move it,once you do the water goes rusty,I’ve been using it 15+ years so it’s probably had more water sat in it than slurry.

Unpopular opinion here but is there an absolute necessity to have water access. Especially if they're dry stock. Regularly block graze young stock here without water access. No losses because of it either. Even dry grass is 80% water

Unpopular opinion here but is there an absolute necessity to have water access. Especially if they're dry stock. Regularly block graze young stock here without water access. No losses because of it either. Even dry grass is 80% water
I know a guy that kept young cattle on slats fed silage and no water . When I questioned him about it he let them out and they had access to water but did not go over to drink. His farm is a sandpit in comparison to mine and it would be hard to have very wet grass . I would be afraid if they got sick they would need more water and it would not be available.

Wait till the wrong people find that out. You could very easily wind up before a judge.
I'd much rather they had it but not need it than the other way round.

Back