fendt favorit

What would you look out for on this?
Went in getting parts for the baler and asked about it. The past owner had put cables in to work the spools. They have that fixed but left the cables in the cab. They had mentioned something was wrong with the speed sensors where they keep getting damaged. They reckon it's something to do with rubbers around the transmission
Them sensors went on the mates one here. They'd be fairly handy at fixing things but i think for that job they had to call atkins to fix it. Other than that they're fairly bomb proof. Tge steering column in the 820 has been giving bother this weather as in it cabt be adjusted which is the only other thing i can think of going wrong on the fendts. They're 714 has around 20000 hours on it and that sensor was the only thing to go on it so far.
49798875_961240967333174_2305548374457188352_n.jpg

If they are the two sensors I am thinking about they are not that expensive . They have to agree with one another or you have to use the clutchy thing to stop . Best to replace both of them because you cannot say which one is faulty .

If they are the two sensors I am thinking about they are not that expensive . They have to agree with one another or you have to use the clutchy thing to stop . Best to replace both of them because you cannot say which one is faulty .
from what he was saying the tractor went from 50k to 40k and then to 30k. something to do with the transmission damaging the sensors. in fairness was clean all round. bit of compound on the paint, new panels for the battery and accumulators, missing mirror. tyres were good on it. vredsteins i think they were. in need of some front links. doesnt look right without them

Last edited:
from what he was saying the tractor went from 50k to 40k and then to 30k. something to do with the transmission damaging the sensors. in fairness was clean all round. bit of compound on the paint, new panels for the battery and accumulators, missing mirror. tyres were good on it. vredsteins i think they were. in need of some front links. doesnt look right without them
It's a nice tractor at that money. Does it come with any kind of warranty since it's atkins that's selling it?

bar at the ploughing championships ,Ive never even sat in one but those Fendts really do stand the test of time in terms of appearance , even the ones from forty years ago still look good

presume they were always far more expensive than other brands ?

bar at the ploughing championships ,Ive never even sat in one but those Fendts really do stand the test of time in terms of appearance , even the ones from forty years ago still look good

Partly because we had a weak currency and the Deuch mark was strong made them very expensive. Then the engineering excellence cost more. I hired an old Fendt in the nineties and I was disappointed. MWM engine was lovely but it was not nice to drive. I had it pulling one of the six furrows . We were glad to leave it back.

Well was told here when the 6250r was got that when you ad up the cost of all the extras you have to put on a john deere to get it to the same standard as a fendt the john deeres end up costing more.

Partly because we had a weak currency and the Deuch mark was strong made them very expensive. Then the engineering excellence cost more. I hired an old Fendt in the nineties and I was disappointed. MWM engine was lovely but it was not nice to drive. I had it pulling one of the six furrows . We were glad to leave it back.

thats interesting , I thought they were the last word in comfort compared to other brands

Them sensors went on the mates one here. They'd be fairly handy at fixing things but i think for that job they had to call atkins to fix it. Other than that they're fairly bomb proof. Tge steering column in the 820 has been giving bother this weather as in it cabt be adjusted which is the only other thing i can think of going wrong on the fendts. They're 714 has around 20000 hours on it and that sensor was the only thing to go on it so far.
View attachment 91103
It's on an original Vario at 20k hours?

Back