Fertiliser advice

Well to look at it another way then, can I lime it now and then lime it again in August after ploughing?
You can and at a pH of 5, it's going to give a good result.
Lime acts in two different ways. The dusty part of the lime will give an almost immediate increase in soil pH (like Gro-Lime) and the larger granules will continue to improve the pH over the next few years.
Liming now and then ploughing in Autumn will give a good mix up to the larger granules and the second shot of lime will again give a quick boost to pH and use up a good bit of that lime in neutralising the acid caused by the ploughed plants decomposing.
Two years after the second shot of lime, I'd check the pH again before spreading any more lime, 4T/ac is a strong shot of lime in 6 months.

Is it too late to lime for this year? Have a bit of ground that is planned for reseeding but won't get it in this spring.
If I lime now and then plough it in the harvest is this liming buried and wasted to a certain degree?
I assume best practice would be lime with reseeding and then lime as needed to top it up over coming years rather than liming before reseeding or is it still valuable before hand?
Sorry if going off topic.
Why won't you get it in this spring? Very early yet to be ruling out a spring reseed, still only March. You could surely sow grass up to May 10th unless it is very dry ground.

Why won't you get it in this spring? Very early yet to be ruling out a spring reseed, still only March. You could surely sow grass up to May 10th unless it is very dry
Just other work on. scrub around the bounds to be cleared too which technically can't be done until autumn now.

Back