Fertiliser usage for 2012

beet

we usually put 10.000 galons of slurry on and plough it in straight away per acre on the fodder beet ground followed bt 5 bags of beet manure. this year the slurry didnt work out so we have a serious heap of fym and going to put it on. what do ye lads think of using the fym . will i need to go back to useing 10 bags of beet manure .the fym wouldnt b well rotted

Ye are all talking about 3 bags or 4 bags of fert per ac , I have found a big difference in quality of fertiliser , I have found 2 bags of one brand being better than 4 bags of another brand, the brand that I don't rate to high is from the south east and I have heard a lot of complaints about it from tillage and grass men ,have ye boys down south found any difference in what ye use?

Ye are all talking about 3 bags or 4 bags of fert per ac , I have found a big difference in quality of fertiliser , I have found 2 bags of one brand being better than 4 bags of another brand, the brand that I don't rate to high is from the south east and I have heard a lot of complaints about it from tillage and grass men ,have ye boys down south found any difference in what ye use?

If it is the brand I am thinking of it tends to be dusty and kind of a no no for a Vicon we have found - settings about half of the brand from the People's Republic.

Interesting read in the IFJ on this topic this week.

Even suggesting that 10-10-20 may not be enough to help levels of P&K.

For non IFJ readers, it should be on the Farmers Journal website tomorrrow.

beet

hi have many of you got your beet sown yet.do you think its too late now or when is it too late. i have some sown and more to sow whenever the weather allows . i sowed magnum and used 8 bags of beet manure per acre.what do you al think

hi have many of you got your beet sown yet.do you think its too late now or when is it too late. i have some sown and more to sow whenever the weather allows . i sowed magnum and used 8 bags of beet manure per acre.what do you al think

Can only think of one field of beet sown around here anyway and this was a big beet area.

I'd nearly go as far as saying you are lucky not to have it sowed yet!

All beet is already sown in this area i would think, including our own which is just barely up. But its yellow with the cold, so would be happier if it wasn't up at all :sad:

Beet all sown around here too ands it's just up now and looking hardset enough! I would sow fodder beet up until the 10th of May, yields will still be excellent. We use about 6 bags of a beet compound fertiliser but also a generous application of FYM or slurry!

how many units are yall driving the winter wheat to ive it all at 152 units now but myt go back wit a shake of a bag on the heavier ground to push it on? interested to hear wat everyone else is doing.the aim would be plus 4 ton/ac

how many units are yall driving the winter wheat to ive it all at 152 units now but myt go back wit a shake of a bag on the heavier ground to push it on? interested to hear wat everyone else is doing.the aim would be plus 4 ton/ac

Have 150 on it now going to put 30 more on it when the tramlines dry out

I am at 150 might go with another 30 using my special yield sensing device that I have been using for years . The headlands tend to get less and any of the ins and outs that got a bit much early on . Also any moor y spots that might be weak at the knees . The Cordiale after the peas looks heavy enough particularly the field called the lodge meadow :001_huh::001_huh: I wonder where it got that name .
A few bits that are wet are starting to scald .

Anyone any opinion on total N for spring wheat? Currently at 95 units and looking well. Was planning on going to 120 at stem extension. Its after grass.

Anyone any opinion on total N for spring wheat? Currently at 95 units and looking well. Was planning on going to 120 at stem extension. Its after grass.
Usually go to 120 and if its not rank green put 20 to 30extra on for protein if its a miller. If it is for whole crop remember it takes a lot of K out of the ground .What variety is it ?

Feck 180 is quiet a bit my ground is all 1st or 2nd ley.although some of it is not too high quality.il go back with another 30 on it.bogman il hold u liable if it lodges.:blushing:

It's Sparrow. At the moment it's got 97N, 37P, 90K and 8S, all units/ac. P+K index 1 and 2. 1st split of SulphaCan was 20th April. Sowed 1st March. Right now its at GS30. Is there any point looking for protein, yield is what I was after!

Feck 180 is quiet a bit my ground is all 1st or 2nd ley.although some of it is not too high quality.il go back with another 30 on it.bogman il hold u liable if it lodges.:blushing:
Pull up the plants and see are they well rooted in the ground and make sure there are no eyespot lesions .You can get over 4 Tonne with 120 units so there is no point having it on the ground . If it does go down I will not be coming down to cut it for you .

Back