Fertiliser

They must be some gobshites, if they had any cop on they would have FOC dropped you out the ten tons still wrapped up and let you load it directly from the bags at bulk price. How did they explain the 10kg loss per bag, did they spill or grind up that much on the yard?
Didn't mind the loss of 200kg as wasn't paying as I had weighed in and out and I only copped it when I came home and looked at the docket

They must be some gobshites, if they had any cop on they would have FOC dropped you out the ten tons still wrapped up and let you load it directly from the bags at bulk price. How did they explain the 10kg loss per bag, did they spill or grind up that much on the yard?
Or was it ever in the bags in the first place ............

Local place would just empty the bags into a bulk spreader or trailer If they were short bulk.

Was just wondering the same, why didnt they swing up the bag and let it pour into the trailer. But then I cant say I'm too surprised....

I’ve been wondering if the spreader here is a little off on the weighing as it would only ever read about 1920/1950kg with 4 bags in it but it’s making me wonder is it right. Must see if I can find something of a known weight to put into it

I’ve been wondering if the spreader here is a little off on the weighing as it would only ever read about 1920/1950kg with 4 bags in it but it’s making me wonder is it right. Must see if I can find something of a known weight to put into it
I was going to suggest a 25kg bag of cement or meal but will they be the correct weight, 1 Litre is 1kg, measure out 20 or 25 litres of water and put it in a drum

I weighed weanlings in March with a set of hired scales, I sold them in the mart about six weeks later and they were still the same weight :confused:

I was going to suggest a 25kg bag of cement or meal but will they be the correct weight, 1 Litre is 1kg, measure out 20 or 25 litres of water and put it in a drum
That would probably work alright, I had thought of the tractor weights but they are all bolted together and I can’t be bothered to split them

Try get your head around this. The boss Rang the co op for some bulk can back before we cut silage They rang back with a order number and I went to collect it. It was 15e a ton cheaper than on a pallet. Got there and they hadn't any out in the bulk store so they went and got 5 pallets cut the wrap off opened the bags let them out on the floor and then loaded it into my trailer. And when I weighed out I was 200 kg short of the 10 ton
i had identical happen me. was supposed to get 8 ton of bulk in the spreader, it was the last spreading day of the season so they had no bulk, cut 16 bags into the spreader, out over the weighbridge and gave me a docket a similar weight short. i was billed for the lesser weight. when you buy on a pallet, your paying for the weight of a wet pallet and also the plastic packaging. 5 pallets would be 100kgs

i had identical happen me. was supposed to get 8 ton of bulk in the spreader, it was the last spreading day of the season so they had no bulk, cut 16 bags into the spreader, out over the weighbridge and gave me a docket a similar weight short. i was billed for the lesser weight. when you buy on a pallet, your paying for the weight of a wet pallet and also the plastic packaging. 5 pallets would be 100kgs
I would have thought that whatever fills the bags would be calibrated to dump 500kg into the bag, end of. The weight of the bag is considered as tare but I would never have expected to be paying fert price for a wet pallet. Pallet charges here are €5 extra or close.

I would have thought that whatever fills the bags would be calibrated to dump 500kg into the bag, end of. The weight of the bag is considered as tare but I would never have expected to be paying fert price for a wet pallet. Pallet charges here are €5 extra or close.
Tare is +/- 1kg. I assume this is on a pallet tare. Maybe a pure coincidence

Back