Fertilizer Price Tracker

Send me up a load of 10-10 at that money Nash, more than that round these parts

Was told 'around 400' last week so was hoping for a tenner off with cash on collection! Maybe I wasn't listening properly...

Maybe I need to stop looking into dreamland!

Few prices I got today all top lift November payment
10/7/25 3s 400
10/8/25. 3s 415
Sulcan. 285
38n 7.5 s. 370. (Coated urea)
Presume your supplying this mercahant with grain for Nov payment.

Are you sure on the make up of the first compound as I find it hard to see how they blend that product. I would guess the second in DAP based P so would probably worth the extra €10

Are you sure on the make up of the first compound as I find it hard to see how they blend that product. I would guess the second in DAP based P so would probably worth the extra €10
We only sell to whoever is paying the best and at that they would only get some of the wheat as the barley mostly goes to farmers and two other small mills that we supply .

Why do you reckon they could blend the first and not the second ozzy? I've never heard of either of the 2 before,

We only sell to whoever is paying the best and at that they would only get some of the wheat as the barley mostly goes to farmers and two other small mills that we supply .
Are your prices the prices you will pay in November or are they plus credit charge to be negotiated at payment? I've got nothing like those so far for harvest payment

Are your prices the prices you will pay in November or are they plus credit charge to be negotiated at payment? I've got nothing like those so far for harvest payment
Harvest payment , one supplier (Glanbia ) has to come back to me yet and of course they charge interest but the other supplier that quoted me above charged looks for interest but gets feck all of it and he has been well out on prices the last few years so is keen to get back in. The prices are for 3 loads of compound at least and nearly 3 loads of nitrogen .

any price for 18-6-12 ?

Have merchants sharpened their pencils? I told that there will be no price movement until the bulk of fert is shifted and then come May 1st there could be a decent drop if prices worldwide remain the same

Definitely only buy what you want for now.

Get a price for an artic load and then tell them you want 3 pallette.

Definitely only buy what you want for now.

Get a price for an artic load and then tell them you want 3 pallette.
There are plenty of dear artic loads bought and many reasonable pallets sold. Quantity isnt everything. All depends on the person your dealing with

380 a ton for 18 6 12. Or 365 for a urea based 18 6 12. 280 for can.

Another supplier wanted 20 a ton more. Another couldn't be arsed ringing back.

Urea 325
Urea 40n6s 335
Can 265
SulfaCan 270

Top lift, full load delivered and "reasonably prompt payment"

I presume thats GEN Urea 40n6s, do guys really think the GEN and 6 units of Sulphur are worth €53 a ton. I was quoted an identical price to it and Urea. Is this GEN really only needed for top dressing late in the season otherwise its very expensive S your applying

Just something mentioned above is a urea based 18-6-12, in reality this should be cheaper by close on €50 a ton than AN based 18-6-12

read an article this morning about how unless you have fertilizer out by now , you are setting yourself up for trouble in a months time when growth hits top gear , am i the only one who thinks its really a case of horses for courses and that a one size fits all is foolish

i put put pasture sward around march 10th last year and i dont think i got much out of it as the weather was pretty cold for the first four weeks , im very high up and with no shelter , i see no growth today and there hasnt been much since and including st patricks day and the forecast doesnt look all that warm in the next week , im planning to put some out april 1st providing the weather is reasonably mild , ive the cows and calves out since the 16th of march on a four acre paddock but they can go in and out of the shed for silage , i also have loads of silage and think its important to be very selective when you go out with fertilizer as its more expensive than silage right now for me

as regards prices , ive only enquired about pasture sward , best i can get is 395 delivered
bottom line , i think this notion of always going out early is not for everyone

Anyone got a good price on SulCAN delivered. Full load on pallats. Reasonably prompt payment??? Has it dropped at all from a month ago. Top dressing going to start here next week hopefully weather permitting so may bite the bullet soon.

read an article this morning about how unless you have fertilizer out by now , you are setting yourself up for trouble in a months time when growth hits top gear , am i the only one who thinks its really a case of horses for courses and that a one size fits all is foolish

i put put pasture sward around march 10th last year and i dont think i got much out of it as the weather was pretty cold for the first four weeks , im very high up and with no shelter , i see no growth today and there hasnt been much since and including st patricks day and the forecast doesnt look all that warm in the next week , im planning to put some out april 1st providing the weather is reasonably mild , ive the cows and calves out since the 16th of march on a four acre paddock but they can go in and out of the shed for silage , i also have loads of silage and think its important to be very selective when you go out with fertilizer as its more expensive than silage right now for me

as regards prices , ive only enquired about pasture sward , best i can get is 395 delivered
bottom line , i think this notion of always going out early is not for everyone
I'm a believer in getting it out early and having it there for when soil temps warm up and growth takes off. I've 30 odd units out since the 22nd of feb and following around the cows with 40 odd after grazing, grass is an awful lot cheaper than silage plus grass is far higher dmd than any silage. Naturally your farm and land type dictates when you travel. I've 30 acres here not travelable since all the floods and got nothing yet

Research from years ago on returns of extra grass growth from fert always showed biggest returns from early April fert, but that has gone out of fashion now.
If you are not using much fert on your grass then first week of April is the time to go.
N has eased a bit, not a lot but a small bit, little or no move on P or K.

I'm a believer in getting it out early and having it there for when soil temps warm up and growth takes off. I've 30 odd units out since the 22nd of feb and following around the cows with 40 odd after grazing, grass is an awful lot cheaper than silage plus grass is far higher dmd than any silage. Naturally your farm and land type dictates when you travel. I've 30 acres here not travelable since all the floods and got nothing yet

i took a chance and spread yesterday so you can imagine how clever i feel tonight with the rain thats falling , no growth whatsoever here so far this spring , im three hundred feet above sea level and without a tree for shelter , i suppose i was influenced by all the chat in papers etc about how you need to have it all out by now or your in trouble down the line

broke my own promise which was not to put any out til at least april 1st , my farm can grow grass as good as anywhere but not until late spring , it cannot grow anything early on

i took a chance and spread yesterday so you can imagine how clever i feel tonight with the rain thats falling , no growth whatsoever here so far this spring , im three hundred feet above sea level and without a tree for shelter , i suppose i was influenced by all the chat in papers etc about how you need to have it all out by now or your in trouble down the line

broke my own promise which was not to put any out til at least april 1st , my farm can grow grass as good as anywhere but not until late spring , it cannot grow anything early on
You were right to put it out, it won't grow anything in the bag

Don't worry, best to get in washed straight into the ground. There is a huge amount of N applied throughout the world in the autumn for spring planting. N will stay around until it's needed and that will be very soon at this time of the year. Only managed to get N out 2 weeks ago with a bag of urea per ac, everywhere is freshened up and ready to grow.

I think, without checking last years prices, that nearly all fert is back €30 - €40 a ton. Anyone get price for 8-5-18+b.

Last edited:
Don't worry, best to get in washed straight into the ground. There is a huge amount of N applied throughout the world in the autumn for spring planting. N will stay around until it's needed and that will be very soon at this time of the year. Only managed to get N out 2 weeks ago with a bag of urea per ac, everywhere is freshened up and ready to grow.

I think, without checking last years prices, that nearly all fert is back €30 - €40 a ton. Anyone get price for 8-5-18+b. Bought MOP for 360 collected last week.

always heard it needed five days prior to any rain , i thought the heavy rain wasnt arriving until monday or tuesday , my land is flat so hopefully its not in the drain now

Back