Fertilizer Price Tracker

You won't be sowing before the 15th of September :Whistle2:
I am assuming it's spring ground the man is talking about. I think he said it was index 1. Really dung would help alot over a few years and put out pnk for the plant. I don't think there be much of a benefit spreading now and ploughing it over in April or so

I am assuming it's spring ground the man is talking about. I think he said it was index 1. Really dung would help alot over a few years and put out pnk for the plant. I don't think there be much of a benefit spreading now and ploughing it over in April or so

Ah yes, if that's the case, 10-8-25 is a better bet in the seedbed and dial back the N a tad later.

Anything organic of course is way better than artificial!

Any thoughts on prices for next spring.
Its pointing towards price hike, I'm thinking of buying some now.

Heard new season sul can at 210 pay now , 10/10/20 early 300s ,compound could be bagged now though for delivery . would seem value.

Isn't it usually something to do with increasing energy costs?
I also think nitrogen was cheap a while back and merchants might be afraid of being left stuck with it next spring either because of lack of money then it bills carrying over from this season. Is oil not due to drop shortly which might help keep prices down

I also think nitrogen was cheap a while back and merchants might be afraid of being left stuck with it next spring either because of lack of money then it bills carrying over from this season. Is oil not due to drop shortly which might help keep prices down
You're probably not to far out. @Mf240 was questioning what was the reason "being given" for increasing prices. The reason being given is usually increasing energy costs while the real reason is usually profit taking.

Anyone know which way Urea will go?
We often buy some to store over winter, but rumor has it the price will come down?
Got caught out last year when the price dropped after we bought!

Anyone got prices for sul can, pay now collect in the spring, big bags on pallets?, getting a price of €215, are the prices collect now or in the spring?

Anyone know which way Urea will go?
We often buy some to store over winter, but rumor has it the price will come down?
Got caught out last year when the price dropped after we bought!
Urea will tend to follow crude oil price, which seem to be rising at the moment.
The futures markets seem to think there will be a very small drop in price in the next couple of months, because it thinks there wouldn't be that much bought in Nov and Dec.
Urea was very cheap in June, but the price has risen a lot since, if I was to guess, I would say Brexit related currency movements is more likely to affect the price to you this spring, than the international Urea price movement, which is in Dollars $.
Your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen with Brexit and how much £ sterling will move because of it.
Personally I would prefer to own Urea than the €uros, £ pounds or $ Dollars that the Urea cost to buy.

Last edited:
Urea will tend to follow crude oil price, which seem to be rising at the moment.
The futures markets seem to think there will be a very small drop in price in the next couple of months, because it thinks there wouldn't be that much bought in Nov and Dec.
Urea was very cheap in June, but the price has risen a lot since, if I was to guess, I would say Brexit related currency movements is more likely to affect the price to you the spring, than the international Urea price movement, which is in Dollars $.
Your guess is as good as mine as to what will happen with Brexit and how much £ sterling will move because of it.
Personally I would prefer to own Urea than the €uros, £ ponds or $ Dollars that the Urea cost to buy.
it's a tricky one.

one seller was saying a lot of firms are hedging their bets and buying half now half later.
Given I only want one artic load that trick aint gonna work! 😂

Then there's the late delivery risk, if we're lucky and get an early spring I want it out in the fields not on a dockside somewhere!

Any one price 18-6-12 lately? What would lads think would be a acceptable price for 16 tonne, payed up front and collect as needed next year?

Last edited:
Yara 18 6 12 plus sulpher was 285 back in aug there with tom mcdonnell markville farms in louth.sells a right bit in sligo and across the bridge into ros to.delievery man 6 mile from me here.

Back