Fertilizer Price Tracker

Large clued in dairy farm near me has Fert bought and delivered for next year,reckons at least a 100euro a ton rise coming.i saw mention some where of a doubling in price

I didnt ask for prices .

Reseeded a field today , and went local Glanbia branch yesterday for gran lime , grass seed and 0/7/30 .

I nearly fell in on the counter when I went to scribble my autograph on the docket ,

€483 for a ton of 0/7/30 . 10/10/20 , if it was legal to buy it , was 535 . Told me prices went up €30 a ton over the weekend
Frightening.

Update . That post was Wednesday, today is Friday . Went up €20 more today..

It's dairygold I deal with and that was what I was told too, the yard is empty and no prices to quote. They have a waiting list that is apparently quite sizeable already

Where jf got the price would shaft ya at the best of times.

I get on OK there.
But id feel violated after visiting where you deal.
Grand for a few small things , and pay for them . A couple of great staff alright but the lad with walrus moustache would smile at you while putting down 2 prices .

I get on OK there.
But id feel violated after visiting where you deal.
Grand for a few small things , and pay for them . A couple of great staff alright but the lad with walrus moustache would smile at you while putting down 2 prices .

They cant take money out of my milk cheque so i feel safer dealing with them.

But i suppose your a good bit nearer so its handier for you.

430 for 0-7-30 that was still in stock. I wanted 0-10-20 but it was 485 a tonne. This would be my 3rd year covering all ground with FYM before sowing so I hope my indices are building, I have unlimited access to pig slurry but to be honest I didn’t see much of a difference on the ground I put the pig slurry out on in spring, maybe it leached away or suffered from volatilisation too much. however, the pig slurry disced in before sowing cover crops yields way bigger covers that that which does not get it. I only take pig slurry out of finishing units too

430 for 0-7-30 that was still in stock. I wanted 0-10-20 but it was 485 a tonne. This would be my 3rd year covering all ground with FYM before sowing so I hope my indices are building, I have unlimited access to pig slurry but to be honest I didn’t see much of a difference on the ground I put the pig slurry out on in spring, maybe it leached away or suffered from volatilisation too much. however, the pig slurry disced in before sowing cover crops yields way bigger covers that that which does not get it. I only take pig slurry out of finishing units too
Didnt you plough the slurry in?

Does anyone think the “anti dumping duties” will be suspended? Prices are away mad was thinking about forward buying at least half my requirement for next year if I can get my hands on it or would it be better to wait?

Does anyone think the “anti dumping duties” will be suspended? Prices are away mad was thinking about forward buying at least half my requirement for next year if I can get my hands on it or would it be better to wait?
I tried to buy last week and couldn't get anything, I would if you will need it

Was quoted 520 a tonne for 18-6-12 this morning. Would nor ally buy for the year ahead in November/December. Its highly unlikley to drop much if at all in the first 6 months of the year next year I was told.

Was quoted 520 a tonne for 18-6-12 this morning. Would nor ally buy for the year ahead in November/December. Its highly unlikley to drop much if at all in the first 6 months of the year next year I was told.

That's the thick end of €200 a ton more than it cost in spring 21.

Cattle prices are good at the minute. Suppose to rise again at Christmas I’ve heard? Would it be a good time to reduce stocking rate and not be too dependent on the N next spring summer. Cattle will be cheap next July August just as the price of N starts coming down.

I have read a lot of books about Civilisation . Civilisations that rely on getting key products from countries far away that they do not understand are the civilisations that fail.
We had two fertilizer manufacturing plants in Southern Ireland that were closed down by people that were a lot smarter than the rest of us . I would not like to be looking for planning permission for a new plant because the communists in An Taisce would stop it.

Back