Fertilizer Price Tracker

Seedsower

They are not, there are years of cheap food ahead.
Russian average wheat yeild was 2.8t per ha, and land that is mostly Ph5.5. Cop ourselves on, if we think we are important and €300 a ton for grain is here to stay.
Are prices not up all around the world?
If energy remains dear will grain not follow.suit?

Ozzy Scott

Are prices not up all around the world?
If energy remains dear will grain not follow.suit?
They are, but be very careful, as there seems to be a belief that if fertiliser and our costs remain high, that our output prices must remain high. There is little correlation on this aspect and i wouldnt be surprised if farmers at some point will be left holding the baby.

Output prices will depend on supply and demand. The vast majority of wheat for instance doesn't receive 150units of N per ac, so those growers aren't as exposed as an Irish grower. I can't see end users able to wear €300 a ton for very long unless for human consumption

Bencroy

Was talking to lad that buys all his fertiliser now for the following year in a longford based store.
When he asked about buying and he deals with the same place he was told " were not allowed to quote prices "...
As the farmer said himself to me , what they feck is that about.he is ready to pay and take delievery so he was confussed to say the least at the reply

Seedsower

It would appear logical that supplies of agricultural produce will dip with astronomical fertilizer prices.
Maybe the rise in grain price is enough to cover it relatively speaking.
Weanlings and store cattle are no dearer than recent years,they can't pay double for fert.
Finishers made money this year,a first in a long time.a lot of them may not use much Fert anyway so maybe not a big issue for some but not all.
Milk can probably afford it though surely the mind will be focused on reductions where possible.
Worldwide prices usually reflect energy costs.

DaDonegalLad

Quoted €630 for 27N +Sulphur. What are your outlook for next year would you buy now our wait and see.
Just can’t understand how it went from “went can’t get any” too “we can get stock if you want it”

Is it like they are releasing cheaper stock now at dearer prices because they see a price drop coming?

ts115

Quoted €630 for 27N +Sulphur. What are your outlook for next year would you buy now our wait and see.
Just can’t understand how it went from “went can’t get any” too “we can get stock if you want it”

Is it like they are releasing cheaper stock now at dearer prices because they see a price drop coming?
It depends when you need it, I can't see it dropping much in the next 3 months but who knows, I bought some at a very similar price to cover the crops in the ground, the price in the spring will dictate how much spring crops get sown then.

DaDonegalLad

It depends when you need it, I can't see it dropping much in the next 3 months but who knows, I bought some at a very similar price to cover the crops in the ground, the price in the spring will dictate how much spring crops get sown then.
I think I’m ok to mid April as have some fert stock left. Hard to know what to do very dear at that price but I understand things could be much worse next year.

no name

I've heard prices a good bit more than that locally. You'd get the feeling that some merchants are seeing how far they can push it for stock they have on their books.

Blackwater boy

From what I’m hearing that’s a very good price in relation to others I’m hearing

Claas Grass

I was given 2 prices for urea today : 1,050 and 840. Big bags delivered. Pay in Jan. Not sure if this is “good” or bad. Anyone else hear anything ?
It's definitely bad when there is €200 between suppliers, I've no doubt fertiliser is scarce and is going to be very expensive coming into next year but I've heard similar story's where things just don't quite add up

laoisfarmer

At the meet up some of us were discussing a rumour about boats of fert being turned away. Seems it was true but it also not the first time this has happened. The reason was a price was agreed for the fert but when the boats were on the water the supplier upped the price , the buyer said they had agreed the price and that was what they were paying so the boats got with in sight of Ireland and were then turned around.

marco

At the meet up some of us were discussing a rumour about boats of fert being turned away. Seems it was true but it also not the first time this has happened. The reason was a price was agreed for the fert but when the boats were on the water the supplier upped the price , the buyer said they had agreed the price and that was what they were paying so the boats got with in sight of Ireland and were then turned around.
They should have told them that when it was unloaded