Fertilizer Price Tracker

Sheebadog

34.4% AN = €782 BB toplift.
33.5% AN (French) = €803 BB toplift.
Urea granulated = €903 BB toplift.
28t load. Payment up front, delivery early January.

The 34.4% is Lithan a Lithuanian import. Small prills and only good for 24m on a calm day…the other is top quality and can be spread any width.

All buyers only allowed one load.

Last edited:

Bog Man

Fertiliser is gone so expensive now it nearly doesn't matter.
The price of fertilizer is a great conversation stopper in polite society. I was talking to a small manufacturer that uses a lot of steel and he was complaining about price increases and would his customers stop buying. I told him if I bought the same amount of fertilizer as last year it would cost me over €50K extra. He suddenly realised that his customers would have a lot less money to spend with him.

towbar

Well I jumped in yesterday and secured my small bit just over 700 for 27% can + s last I bought was 210/t. That said rise in barley price more than covers the difference. Provided grain stays up and we get smarter with inputs I see no reason why we cant improve margin in a rising market.

Blackwater boy

Agree but we’ve being complaining about low prices for produce for a long time. We now have decent movement in output price. We don’t know yet where inputs will settle but at least it’s not static which it has been for 15-20 years!
With the high fert prices the risk has almost tripled, spend a heap of money and it could all go wrong. I’d rather the lower prices for the output and lower input as less to go wrong.

Mf240

Coppied from elsewhere.

food inflation, is going to be a horrible shock, to many, including guvs, there hasn't really been a food shortage, since ww2, in fact quite the opposite, butter mountains, wine lakes etc, virtually all politicians, know nothing other than cheap, and plentiful food.

Do l worry about it, NO they need food, they cant do without it, and with how costs are rising, we can no longer produce the cheap food, they have believed, would never end, OH, sorry, l have news for them, it has suddenly ended. If they want to survive, they now will have to pay, a realistic price.

Everybody is complaining fert is to dear, why ? We, as farmers, have been shafted for years, fert is essential to produce good yields, it's also a global price, if farmers, around the world, stop, or reduce use, what will happen, production will go down, less production, means higher prices, and perhaps more importantly, a degree of respect for farmers.

So, the higher the cost of fert, the less food produced, which means shortages, and those mean higher prices, and, if it gets to £1000/ton, l will sell the load, we bought at £620, and make a profit !

We need to realise, that it is not our duty, to supply cheap food, to the public, they do not appreciate it, quite the opposite, they think, intensive modern farming, is destroying the world, as l said, realism is going to be a massive shock, to many

Bencroy

If there's a food shortage we will probably get a nightly round of applause during harvest from the public, similar to the nurses.
No a hope I reckon, we'll still be told its their money and the farmers are getting handy money in the post.
Although farmers I think will have the last laugh.
Ócras is a severe life threatening condition and when they realise the cure there might be some respect for us

Ozzy Scott

Coppied from elsewhere.

food inflation, is going to be a horrible shock, to many, including guvs, there hasn't really been a food shortage, since ww2, in fact quite the opposite, butter mountains, wine lakes etc, virtually all politicians, know nothing other than cheap, and plentiful food.

Do l worry about it, NO they need food, they cant do without it, and with how costs are rising, we can no longer produce the cheap food, they have believed, would never end, OH, sorry, l have news for them, it has suddenly ended. If they want to survive, they now will have to pay, a realistic price.

Everybody is complaining fert is to dear, why ? We, as farmers, have been shafted for years, fert is essential to produce good yields, it's also a global price, if farmers, around the world, stop, or reduce use, what will happen, production will go down, less production, means higher prices, and perhaps more importantly, a degree of respect for farmers.

So, the higher the cost of fert, the less food produced, which means shortages, and those mean higher prices, and, if it gets to £1000/ton, l will sell the load, we bought at £620, and make a profit !

We need to realise, that it is not our duty, to supply cheap food, to the public, they do not appreciate it, quite the opposite, they think, intensive modern farming, is destroying the world, as l said, realism is going to be a massive shock, to many
Pretty simplistic view, that assumes Governments won't counteract high food price. The assumption that just because our input cost have skyrocketed, our output price will have to follow the same trajectory, isn't how the game usually pans out. Try not be the producers left holding the baby..

Seedsower

How will government change high food price?
As inputs increase, largely due to energy costs which government wants high to reduce it's use,unless there is a way of reducing it's cost to farmers or the people who produce our inputs then food production will definitely fall

Ugo Schtiglitz

How will government change high food price?
As inputs increase, largely due to energy costs which government wants high to reduce it's use,unless there is a way of reducing it's cost to farmers or the people who produce our inputs then food production will definitely fall
They have ways. But I think in the background there must be some acceptance that a little inflation is of use to governments struggling with debt levels. Inflation is a way of reducing the value of what's owed.

humungus

Pretty simplistic view, that assumes Governments won't counteract high food price. The assumption that just because our input cost have skyrocketed, our output price will have to follow the same trajectory, isn't how the game usually pans out. Try not be the producers left holding the baby..
food will never be allowed skyrocket for the very reason that people will rebel if they,re hungry or can,t afford it, Putin learnt that and he has turned russian agriculture around during his reign and now he sees a way to pressurise europe with high energy and fertiliser prices

kildare

Putin has Europe by the balls. While we rush around closing bogs stop burning coal and being good little greens. Europe is dependent on Russia for gas. Russia is not our friends and will screw us and manipulate gas supply.
Our farms are very dependent on artificial fertiliser to produce what we do.

Bog Man

Putin has Europe by the balls. While we rush around closing bogs stop burning coal and being good little greens. Europe is dependent on Russia for gas. Russia is not our friends and will screw us and manipulate gas supply.
Our farms are very dependent on artificial fertiliser to produce what we do.
Would you fight Russia if they invaded Ukraine .