Fertilizer Price Tracker

Definitely no harm to have it well out of sight….

I see talk of a drop in prices but I doubt if we’ll see anything as low as beginning with €300….

CAN has to be desperately dear considering where European gas prices are (€117/mwh).
Potash is also very scarce.
It appears that a lot of N use next year will be urea.
Yup urea differential opening up further from what I can see. The trouble with forward buying is that no one will have a clue what's cheap or dear in a falling market. Contrary to popular belief, fertiliser is still flowing out of russia and belarus, as it's not subject to embargoes, but shippiong is tricky from what I understand. US is actively encouraging shipments. May be on the ball with selling to balance off fert next season. Last thing anyone wants is to be caught in the dear fert and cheap grain squeeze.

Anyone worked out how much fertilizer they have spread this year? I'm sitting at 107kgN/Ha up till now. Defo will aim to spread that little bit more in August/sept to stretch out the grass abit more than last autumn, but still cant see myself much over the 150kg for the full year. Well into derogation, usually something like 220/230kgN/ha SR, but I do always buy in some bit of silage which makes my figures look generous, but most certainly plenty lessons have been learnt this year of high Nitrogen prices, which can absolutely be brought forwards indefinitely. No bag N till late feb, Lower N for 1st cut (70units max), 25units at a time for grazing ground the spring and drop to 17 and every 6wks the summer, no effort to make 2nd cuts (too dry here), alot more mss and clover. New things I absolutely got to try are using liquid urea in the sprayer, stitching in both white and red clover, stitching mss over existing prg swards. A nice target for me would be to reduce that kgN/ha by 10% each year moving forwards, however I will need to be cautious, maintaining the tonnage of grass/mss to feed the cows is more important than any drop in bag N use. Interesting challenge all the same.

All i learned today was that there was 85 euro per ton of a difference between two local merchants for big bag loads of CAN plus S, and I didnt buy off either of them after

All i learned today was that there was 85 euro per ton of a difference between two local merchants for big bag loads of CAN plus S, and I didnt buy off either of them after
I priced can at 850ish today, shocking poor value compare to straight urea which is sub 1000, it should be only 550e to compare equally in terms of value per unit N

McInerney's

-Anyone want Can 27% + Sulphur at a reduced rate of €765 per Ton ? We have 6 loads ONLY at this price, Call NOW !-All fert + Silage Wrap REDUCED IN PRICE !

@Crops, @Blackwater boy, @Ugo Schtiglitz
Have ye heard or seen anything like this, or even better have ye used it? Organic guy sent the link to me.

Spray on n fixing bacteria. Yeah, I've seen some stuff about this going by but mainly as seed treatments or liquid down the slot. Tried some phosphorous release liquid and couldn't really detect any visible difference. In theory this is all possible, but if its a runner at commercial scale, I don't know. I'll be chatting with the man who was having a look at it shortly. Remind me if I don't come back to you.
For miracle snake oil, I usually consult the websites of lads growing dope. They're like a Dutch glasshouse grower on steroids for testing all this stuff. Proper science as well.

Spray on n fixing bacteria. Yeah, I've seen some stuff about this going by but mainly as seed treatments or liquid down the slot. Tried some phosphorous release liquid and couldn't really detect any visible difference. In theory this is all possible, but if its a runner at commercial scale, I don't know. I'll be chatting with the man who was having a look at it shortly. Remind me if I don't come back to you.
For miracle snake oil, I usually consult the websites of lads growing dope. They're like a Dutch glasshouse grower on steroids for testing all this stuff. Proper science as well.
Claiming 30u/ha, please remember to post whether it’s snakeoil or not. It’d go a long way in my setup. This from Reuters…could make fert pricey.

Lads might laugh, but the level of detail these lads go to is phenomenal. High value crop, they really go for it. Tissue and sap analysis, enriched compost, Albrecht, micronutrients, snakeoil trials, the works.

Lads might laugh, but the level of detail these lads go to is phenomenal. High value crop, they really go for it. Tissue and sap analysis, enriched compost, Albrecht, micronutrients, snakeoil trials, the works.
Yeah, I am laughing, as my niece is married to one in California. When you can get him talking about plant nutrition he is great, but he does sample his own product too much, so any mention of vaccination or government and the tinfoil hats are needed.

Nothing to laugh about at all.
Nobody laughs at malting barley and hops growers.
Those lads will have the savoir faire and if they’re sharp enough will have the whole business scaleable for when the EU legalises.
Any good links?

Nothing to laugh about at all.
Nobody laughs at malting barley and hops growers.
Those lads will have the savoir faire and if they’re sharp enough will have the whole business scaleable for when the EU legalises.
Any good links?

Imagine if a national research agency would test shit like this for you. Something that is showing great promise for lads from a root boosting point of view is a simple seed wash. Suspend a bag of ripe unsprayed seed of anything, beans, cereal, in clean water and make a seed treatment out of it. The beasties that are present on the seed to prompt it to get going once it drops, are multiplied by bubbling air in and adding a little food like molasses or seaweed. Turbocharges root development. It works, I've seen it. cost: pence.

Last edited:
Back