Fertilizer Price Tracker

Quoted €630 for 27N +Sulphur. What are your outlook for next year would you buy now our wait and see.
Just can’t understand how it went from “went can’t get any” too “we can get stock if you want it”

Is it like they are releasing cheaper stock now at dearer prices because they see a price drop coming?
It depends when you need it, I can't see it dropping much in the next 3 months but who knows, I bought some at a very similar price to cover the crops in the ground, the price in the spring will dictate how much spring crops get sown then.

It depends when you need it, I can't see it dropping much in the next 3 months but who knows, I bought some at a very similar price to cover the crops in the ground, the price in the spring will dictate how much spring crops get sown then.
I think I’m ok to mid April as have some fert stock left. Hard to know what to do very dear at that price but I understand things could be much worse next year.

Quoted €630 for 27N +Sulphur. What are your outlook for next year would you buy now our wait and see.
Just can’t understand how it went from “went can’t get any” too “we can get stock if you want it”

Is it like they are releasing cheaper stock now at dearer prices because they see a price drop coming?
I've heard prices a good bit more than that locally. You'd get the feeling that some merchants are seeing how far they can push it for stock they have on their books.

prices wont drop till after the spring rush so may/june on

if you must buy only buy enough to get past then

From what I’m hearing that’s a very good price in relation to others I’m hearing

I was given 2 prices for urea today : 1,050 and 840. Big bags delivered. Pay in Jan. Not sure if this is “good” or bad. Anyone else hear anything ?

I was given 2 prices for urea today : 1,050 and 840. Big bags delivered. Pay in Jan. Not sure if this is “good” or bad. Anyone else hear anything ?
It's definitely bad when there is €200 between suppliers, I've no doubt fertiliser is scarce and is going to be very expensive coming into next year but I've heard similar story's where things just don't quite add up

At the meet up some of us were discussing a rumour about boats of fert being turned away. Seems it was true but it also not the first time this has happened. The reason was a price was agreed for the fert but when the boats were on the water the supplier upped the price , the buyer said they had agreed the price and that was what they were paying so the boats got with in sight of Ireland and were then turned around.

At the meet up some of us were discussing a rumour about boats of fert being turned away. Seems it was true but it also not the first time this has happened. The reason was a price was agreed for the fert but when the boats were on the water the supplier upped the price , the buyer said they had agreed the price and that was what they were paying so the boats got with in sight of Ireland and were then turned around.
They should have told them that when it was unloaded

Fertiliser-maker Yara has restarted some Dutch plants, CEO says

CAN will be back to 200 a ton by the end of january 😁

Realistically, while some of you guys are getting fairly dependable incomes from milk, and based on forward prices for grain, you can work out the financial benefit of spreading fertilizer at specific levels, with the volatility of beef prices and the unknown of weanling prices, I can't justify the risk of buying more than 50% of our normal amount of fertilizer - the margin just isn't in it to cover the risk. I think that a lot of farmers in my situation won't spread very much, and a good proportion none at all. Personally, I will spread a small amount. But, on the other hand, I will used some of the savings to spread lime. I will put a lot more focus on FYM and slurry for the first 6 months of 2022 anyway and if there is no easement in fertilizer prices by then, I see no other option but to cut cattle numbers to match what grass we are able to grow

Realistically, while some of you guys are getting fairly dependable incomes from milk, and based on forward prices for grain, you can work out the financial benefit of spreading fertilizer at specific levels, with the volatility of beef prices and the unknown of weanling prices, I can't justify the risk of buying more than 50% of our normal amount of fertilizer - the margin just isn't in it to cover the risk. I think that a lot of farmers in my situation won't spread very much, and a good proportion none at all. Personally, I will spread a small amount. But, on the other hand, I will used some of the savings to spread lime. I will put a lot more focus on FYM and slurry for the first 6 months of 2022 anyway and if there is no easement in fertilizer prices by then, I see no other option but to cut cattle numbers to match what grass we are able to grow
It might actually be the kick lads need to spread throughout the year. There's a big advantage to having your own tanker in this situation

Let's hope it's as good a grass growing year as 2021 or were shagged otherwise

lime and reseed

Back