Fertilizer Price Tracker

I usually just buy from the local coop. Would like to shop around this year.
What companies should I ring? Are there many merchants other than co-ops? People are talking about buying from the North but I am in West Cork so not sure that will work.

Any one know where I can get DAP Fertilizer or if it would be good to use on low P sample areas,
DAP is a great source of P, one of the most available P sources, most merchants should be able to get it for you. Most high P compounds are made up using DAP, so if you need a bit of K as well, 10-10-20 or 18-6-12 contain DAP.

DAP is a great source of P, one of the most available P sources, most merchants should be able to get it for you. Most high P compounds are made up using DAP, so if you need a bit of K as well, 10-10-20 or 18-6-12 contain DAP.
Is the P in DAP in a different format to the P in say 0 16 0

Is the P in DAP in a different format to the P in say 0 16 0
I am getting to or beyond my fert knowledge, so this is only my ramblings, more knowledgeable experts might rescue me.
I find DAP more available than TSP, but it is just my findings.
Here is a bit of reading if you want.

Quoted and bought a split load yesterday
Urea 46 670
Sulcan 570
Irish merchant
Heard talks of urea coming out of the north at 620
Glanbia seem to be out of the races at the moment on fert , they are quoting at least €100 dearer on N products. They are a bit more competitive on compounds but still not at the races. Around me Glanbia would always beat everyone on a load of fert but not at the moment .

This might be a stupid question, what do you mean by private coop? Is it the same as a group of farmers in a buying group? If so does the group then buy directly from the fertiliser manufacturer or how does it work?
It’s just a Co-op like not owned by any big company I might have phrased it wrong. I am in a group too though and they seem to be getting similiar prices to what I’m getting privately

Just off the phone €559 for 46% urea forgot to ask the brand think Yara though, can't remember correctly now but 35% super start from Yara 530approx
Yara urea can be got at €530 in yard , full load only though, ex uk, I hope the fertiliser industry in this country learn a lesson from this year and last, they rode us last year and their turn to get rode this year, the reality is they wont though, greedy ba*****s

what if we did pay 900 euro for fertilizer and 30% more for plant protection products, and only get 175 optimistic price green for our grain with a 2.5 ton spring barley crop, what are we all going to do DIE, and pay 500 euro per acer conacre

what if we did pay 900 euro for fertilizer and 30% more for plant protection products, and only get 175 optimistic price green for our grain with a 2.5 ton spring barley crop, what are we all going to do DIE, and pay 500 euro per acer conacre
wont be that bad, we will just have to swap steak dinners for bark and grass dinners

Back