Few pictures of stuff

You should put a note/signature and date on the underside of the boards👍
When I took the old fireplace out the lad before us had signed it in 1971,further back was a newspaper holding some mortar and it was from 1927,I like to leave something for someone to find,I remember pulling the centre cap out of our 590 steering wheel and some bugger had written “Nosey twat” 😂
i did the same with the 590 we had here and written on it was "put it back billy wright " must be a UK thing

i did the same with the 590 we had here and written on it was "put it back billy wright " must be a UK thing

Maybe Billy Wright had a 500 series tractor of his own ????

There was a lad a few miles away had an Ursus 4512 tractor . He had the bad luck to break a back window out of it .
A man a mile away from him , with a similar tractor , who doesn't live at his farmyard , had the worse luck to find his back window missing a couple of nights later 🤔😡

We were recently tidying out old sheds and reroofed them as the timber was riddled with woodworm. There was a bit of a loft in one shed that was crudely put up with baling twine and tree branches. It fell down and broke a few bits under it. One of these was an old wooden dresser that had a mirror in the upper part. Top half got broken but the bottom part of it survived. As it was heading for the pile of timber for cutting, we spotted a name and date on the back. I can’t remember the exact details but was dated sometime in 1927. I’ll get a photo over the next few days if I think of it. We decided to hang onto it after seeing that and will hopefully at some stage fix it and put it back in dads homehouse (the house is on the original OS Maps which date back to the 1820s and dad reckons it was there a while at that stage)

We were recently tidying out old sheds and reroofed them as the timber was riddled with woodworm. There was a bit of a loft in one shed that was crudely put up with baling twine and tree branches. It fell down and broke a few bits under it. One of these was an old wooden dresser that had a mirror in the upper part. Top half got broken but the bottom part of it survived. As it was heading for the pile of timber for cutting, we spotted a name and date on the back. I can’t remember the exact details but was dated sometime in 1927. I’ll get a photo over the next few days if I think of it. We decided to hang onto it after seeing that and will hopefully at some stage fix it and put it back in dads homehouse (the house is on the original OS Maps which date back to the 1820s and dad reckons it was there a while at that stage)
47E193F4-00A0-4317-8048-1E5E8F16C275.jpeg
Mr J. O’Connor
73 Salthill Galway
15 August 1927
Maid this
B005EEE3-A6CF-4EAD-A5BF-D21230BAA9FB.jpeg
What remains of the dresser

I, well, er, am, it am, well it just sort of turned up this morning.
20210216_074806.jpg
It's unfortunately shook enough and has a sad story attached to why it ended up in this state but we've bought it purely for a parts supply for the other one. It's seller was delighted when we told him it was going to be a parts machine as he's sentimental about it and didn't want to see it scrapped.

I, well, er, am, it am, well it just sort of turned up this morning.
View attachment 87443
It's unfortunately shook enough and has a sad story attached to why it ended up in this state but we've bought it purely for a parts supply for the other one. It's seller was delighted when we told him it was going to be a parts machine as he's sentimental about it and didn't want to see it scrapped.
ln another year or so we'll be calling you
Dale Starks. 😃

Would it need much to get it going
To do a harvest with it I'd say it would need a huge amount of work. If things can be got turning workout much fuss we intend to line it up along with the 520 and the other 865 for a few pictures. Maybe a video as well at harvest time. It's been fcuked out for the last number of years and hasn't worked in 7 years so perhaps it's harvesting days are over.

To do a harvest with it I'd say it would need a huge amount of work. If things can be got turning workout much fuss we intend to line it up along with the 520 and the other 865 for a few pictures. Maybe a video as well at harvest time. It's been fcuked out for the last number of years and hasn't worked in 7 years so perhaps it's harvesting days are over.

Is the mighty Perkins V8 running ?

Is the mighty Perkins V8 running ?
The engine is perfect. Mechanically that combine appears to be in great order. It's the tinwork is the bad part. I took a few more pictures of it this evening I'll post up below. It's a shame seeing one half rotten for the want of a bit of cover. The brother was checking it's serial number against our own and there's 20 in the difference. Chances are both stood together in the parking lot in Brantford Canada before going there separate ways to the UK and France.

Small hours. About half what's on the other one.
View attachment 87470
This one came with an 18ft powerflow header and full set of replacement belts as well.
View attachment 87472
View attachment 87473
For the want of a roof...I hope it’s wasn’t carelessness that it got left out, I just couldn’t understand that. Chances that combine can be got to run properly, keeping it going properly would be the issue wherever the rot has set in. Interestingly I had a drill in last week with those exact P&B stickers on it, they look well on a machine. Is she an 1980s machine?

Back