Fiat Hesston 7725...looking for Shearbar / Sharpening Stone

NH525

good evening any man, women or child know of a new shear bar or sharpening stone for a fiatagri hesston 7725/20/35 silage harvester any help apricated
đź‘Ť

Attachments

• 7725.jpg
    7725.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
If you cant find one I have heard people say they have built shear bars up with hard facing rod and re edged them, not sure about it myself but apparently it worked grand

good evening any man, women or child know of a new shear bar or sharpening stone for a fiatagri hesston 7725/20/35 silage harvester any help apricated
đź‘Ť
Have you a saw Doctor Near you . We used to get Knives done with a Saw Doctor that worked in the Tool and Die manufacturers . He bused to do private work .

Local fella would reface the ones for 550 new Holland’s,never heard of him welding them though.

A shear bar has hard facing as the wearing bit . When that is worn off , the back is soft in comparison. To just grind the remaining part to the proper shape of a shear bar , would be a waste of time .
You would need to rebuild it with hard facing to last for any length of time.

As said above. Your best bet is to build up your shearbar with a hard facing rod. From my experiences what shortened a shear bars life was picking up something and knocking a knife out of position and staying going with the knife tipping the shearbar.
Regarding the sharpening stone they seem to be like rocking horse shite to find along with the donot drives and the right driveshaft for the chopper box. Your best option imo is to buy a complete chopper box.

đź‘Ť
We were doing a bit of stowing lately and I'm sure I came across a shear bar.

One side was worn but I'm sure the other side had only a small amount of work done if that's any good to yeah.

I'll dig it out tomorrow and send a picture if you want

As said above. Your best bet is to build up your shearbar with a hard facing rod. From my experiences what shortened a shear bars life was picking up something and knocking a knife out of position and staying going with the knife tipping the shearbar.
Regarding the sharpening stone they seem to be like rocking horse shite to find along with the donot drives and the right driveshaft for the chopper box. Your best option imo is to buy a complete chopper box.
Local fella would reface the ones for 550 new Holland’s,never heard of him welding them though.
got one refaced on my 525 newholland with hard facing rods complete waste of time. 30 acres didn't see it out just bought a new one then. original is faced with tungsten carbide you see. just cant beat it.

đź‘Ť

In the latest Classic Tractor magazine , there is an article about a man in the UK who has a very unusual Hesston Maize Harvester . he imported it , and 50 odd second hand Hesston Self Propelled Silage Harvesters from France . He has some parts still for sale . Might be worth a phone call ?

I am looking for a 3 meter idass pickup for hesston harvester exact same as in the photo, working condition preferably but I will take something good that needs work as I have other header I can use to make one good , will travel anywhere in Ireland, not intrested in adapting other makes to fit etc ' . Thanks

Attachments

• received_1373324813437750.jpeg
    received_1373324813437750.jpeg
    33.9 KB · Views: 6
Back