Fitting an auto box into a manual (landcruiser)

Just wondering is it standard practise these days, seems to be a lot more common than it used to be.
I think it’s down to dentists doing there own x rays nowadays and the quest for the perfect smile,fueled by the dentist seeing money to be had.

I suppose I had them as well when I was young
I have no doubt there are genuine cases, as I said it just seems to be a lot more common than it used to be. Braces were never even mentioned to me by a dentist until I was about 35 I'd say, I have a gap in my front teeth, I only laughed at her but I see a lot of people in their 30's and 40's with them in the last few years as well as an awful lot of younger kids.

I have no doubt there are genuine cases, as I said it just seems to be a lot more common than it used to be. Braces were never even mentioned to me by a dentist until I was about 35 I'd say, I have a gap in my front teeth, I only laughed at her but I see a lot of people in their 30's and 40's with them in the last few years as well as an awful lot of younger kids.

A friend of mine had braces on her teeth at 54 or 55 years old .

I’m guessing braces are covered by the HSE??
I went to a dentist in my early 20’s with a tooth ache after never set foot in a dentist for about 7 or 8 years before that, I was told I needed 8 fillings, went to a different dentist and got 1 and none since and that’s 20 years ago, so I definitely wouldn’t trust a dentist.

Reactions: Paw
I went to a dentist in my early 20’s with a tooth ache after never set foot in a dentist for about 7 or 8 years before that, I was told I needed 8 fillings, went to a different dentist and got 1 and none since and that’s 20 years ago, so I definitely wouldn’t trust a dentist.
ours weren't. 5 yr waiting with hse

They were not covered by the HSE here either. Think it was about 5k for one child. Handy money for a dentist. IMO.

I have a son going to college this autumn, and both kids needs braces, so I doubt I'll have too much dosh to spare. But as I am about to spend another grand on the gearbox, I just thought, id ask. thanks for all the comments.
Are you far from NI. My sister got braces there a few years ago and it was cheaper than the South at that time.

Back