Fixed milk price

What are lads views on dairygolds fixed milk price scheme for 2021-2023 ?
I know very little about milk price or the trends, but at the moment I am slightly regretting sell grain for this harvest, even though I love to have some sold. Inflation is setting in worldwide and is driving up the price of all commodities, Maize in the US has risen from $3.50/bushel to $5.50/bushel in the last 6 months, this will make US milk dearer. I would consider it a time to lock into longterm fixed borrowings and not longterm commodity prices, unless it was index linked.
This is only my opinion.

You wouldn't get Base 35 cent up this country.
The problem is the 5 - 10 %
It's hardly worth bothering with.
The co-op s bring out these schemes just to have it to say that the have a scheme. If you were fixing for security to service borrowing, you'd want to fix 50% plus.

I was offered forward sold for 12m last week, 4.25 fat and 3.35 protein came in at 28p,It was only on 30% of my milk then I got an email saying it would only be 70% of the 30%.

I think my dairy only do it to keep you tied in for another year .

5% or 10% of your annual supply at 35cl incl vat and 3.30 protein 3.60 bfat also full scorecard and sustainability bonus .
For 10% of supply, I wouldnt bother. Why do coops offer such stupid limited schemes. Pointless. Is 10% of their finished product all they have forward sold???

The idea is that they have regular schemes, if you opt into all the schemes as they’re offered you end up with a decent % of you milk price fixed as the schemes overlap each other. Basically it’s spread betting!

If you opt in for 10% of your milk do you have to supply 100% of your milk to them. Could you insist they collect the 10% and you supply 90% to someone else.
Could farmers form a milk supply cooperative and have their own transport and deliver to wherever.

If you opt in for 10% of your milk do you have to supply 100% of your milk to them. Could you insist they collect the 10% and you supply 90% to someone else.
Could farmers form a milk supply cooperative and have their own transport and deliver to wherever.
My milk contract states I can only supply my dairy,no prices mentioned no volume,I'm tied to them,I can give 3 months notice to leave the same as them,or if my milk didn't meet standards they could cease collection tomorrow.

Try explaining a milk contract to a man in the street,they just laugh about it and say leave,not so easy when there's minimal milk buyers around.

My milk contract states I can only supply my dairy,no prices mentioned no volume,I'm tied to them,I can give 3 months notice to leave the same as them,or if my milk didn't meet standards they could cease collection tomorrow.

Try explaining a milk contract to a man in the street,they just laugh about it and say leave,not so easy when there's minimal milk buyers around.
we,re tied to glanbia for 5 yrs :cursing:

And maybe they could come up with a catchy name for it, like Dairygold.

You're farming too long in the land of the PLC

I'd be sceptical. I don't know about dairygold but given that there is 10x more milk made than consumed in Ireland, and with the production curve leading to vast amounts of excess in milk supply in april and may, I just can't see any reason any processor would offer s fixed price for to benefit the farmer, bonuses are offered in this country on liquid milk supply to ensure they fill contracts with supermarkets over the winter months, the fact that dairygold are trying to fix a price like this would lead me to think they expect the market to get to at least 35c in the near future.

Back