Flail rotor balancing

Treemover

Of course, I hit something with my small 3 point linkage flail and I have changed all flails, bolts and bearings, but the thing is still out of balance.
We are out of hedgecutting season, who do people recommend?
I see a crowd in Tyrone on donedeal.
Theres a guy up around Dundalk that says he can balance the machine without removing the rotor, is anyone aware of this type? He runs a large mulcher himself. ?
I have a new rotor on order, 6 months now, but as its out of balance, the unit is cracking the headstock with vibration; so I have to sort it.

Do roraspiral not do it and does arbocut do it aswell I think
was there not a lad out your way somewhere around balffes years ago used to do that type of engineering.was there a connection with the garage.remember lunneys sent a conditioner rotor of ours up to him.if I remember right he done rollers for balers and balancing hedgecutter rotors.maybe he's retired.would be about 20 Yr ago now

Arbocut used to do it anyway.
The fella in Tyrone made my lowloader,balancing is new venture for him.

When a head comes back from Gainfords it is so smooth youā€™d barely know itā€™s running.
Better than new.
A busy place though.

Got mine done by gainford 2 years ago, needed balancing and the bearing housing completely remade, got a Courier to bring it down and home, good job infairness but expensive, thereā€™s a bit of a hum off mine again now and I think Iā€™ll leave it for all I do now

Got mine done by gainford 2 years ago, needed balancing and the bearing housing completely remade, got a Courier to bring it down and home, good job infairness but expensive, thereā€™s a bit of a hum off mine again now and I think Iā€™ll leave it for all I do now
Does the hum come from the strobe lights you have tek screwed to it to illuminate the illicit Heineken kegs in your workshop? I thought you gave up the bushwhacking?

I used to balance the chopper of the auld JF by welding lumps of yokes onto it until it stopped without a backward movement. Precision stuff.
There should really be a Youtube channel about that kind of precision engineering. If you were the real deal you would weld on a lump of a yoke and then beat the shite out of it with a sledge until the rotor stopped wobbling.

Does the hum come from the strobe lights you have tek screwed to it to illuminate the illicit Heineken kegs in your workshop? I thought you gave up the bushwhacking?
I did, I only done my own and 2 weeks at Xmas and only because I got covid and could do nothing else, the workshop kegs are no fun alone

Back